Product Manager, Intern
At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Product Manager Co-Op will be responsible for supporting the product development team with a wide range of marketing activities. This position will also be the primary liaison between each product development group and sales personnel. The ideal candidate will have strong self-starting ability to independently manage multiple projects to ensure timely completion of product development and marketing responsibilities. The Internship will last for 6 months, preferably October 2021 until April 2022.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Creating business plan for commercial launch of new products
- Collaborating with brand management team to execute marketing strategy
- Leading coordination and documentation of project team activities including kick-off meetings, design review meetings, verification/validation activities, cadaver labs for multiple projects within group
- Assisting Group Manager and Project Engineer in creating sales, surgeon, and management presentations in PowerPoint
- Developing technique guides, product literature, brochures, and all sales support information
- Working with Clinical R&D, and Sales & Marketing to identify clinical research topics for each product
- Obtaining market feedback from spine surgeons and other customers to determine functional and design specifications for new product development
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Pursuing Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Marketing
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office; specifically, Word, Excel, Power Point and Project
- Well organized, detail oriented, and team player capable of working in a deadline driven environment
- Strong ability to create and confidently deliver effective presentations to multiple size audiences
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.