Donor Services Manager
Bone Bank Allografts is the distributor of the SteriGraft® line of high-quality bone and soft tissue allografts to medical professionals. BBA became a part of Globus Medical in 2014 and has continued to help doctors and their patients with over 1 million successful transplantations. Join us!
The Donor Services Manager is responsible for managing the acquisition, documentation and overall coordination of the donor activities of the company, including agency management, donor records, and financial review and reporting.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Creating and managing the company’s annual Donor Services Plan with the input and review of the senior management team
- Cultivating and managing the relationships with new and existing recovery agencies including prospecting, communications, reporting, auditing, training coordination, and negotiations
- Managing the donor records process and team, including managing and shortening the “time to release” factor in this progress
- Managing raw donor inventories, including improving inventory flow risk management, and preventing both over and under stock of raw materials
- Maintaining release inventory to meet processing demands
- Preparing a monthly status report on donor services goals to actual progress and present to the senior management team
- Working directly with the IT department to improve the information flow/support/reporting necessary to monitor and manage donor services
- Participating on the senior management team which provides the strategic direction for the company
- Overseeing Departmental activities to ensure compliance with applicable Federal Regulatory, state and AATB standards
- Overseeing departmental staff, hiring, counseling and BBA training programs
- Participating in AATB committees and task force as deemed appropriate
- Identifying, hiring and retaining adequate SME as consultants for Donor Services to include donor screening, Recovery training and Medical Directors
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prefer at minimum an associate’s degree in medical field or related area of tissue serving in a leadership role
- Must have a 5 year minimum prior tissue bank experience in all disciplines of tissue banking, not limited but to include: donor screening, recovery, processing and distribution
- CTBS Certification required and must be maintained
- Minimum of 3 year’s prior management or supervision role required
- Requires an extensive knowledge of medical terminology, guidelines and regulations; read and understand the content of the medical record and the significance of diseases processes and physiology of the patient identify those areas of documentation needing further clarification, to improve process flow; document trends by recovery agency, and ancillary services for future in-service sessions, to ensure proper revision of problematic processes, form. Etc.; Quality Control
- Must have basic computer knowledge and skills with Microsoft office Word and Excel
- Demonstrated organization skills with the ability to multitask and attention to detail
- Extensive knowledge of industry participating and program relationships
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 65 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.