Accounts Receivable Collections Specialist
At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Collections Specialist will work to identify and contact our customers (hospitals) to collect overdue and aging accounts receivable. This position will develop a positive relationship with our customers to collect receivables according to the agreed-upon payment terms, as well as to resolve discrepancies on POs in order to bill the customer and obtain full payment. The Collections Specialist will make managers aware of any problems affecting their relationship with the customers, and he or she will work with the Accounts Receivable Processing team to maintain department standards for Days Sales Outstanding (DSO), aged receivables, and PO collection.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Promptly identifying and contacting customers to collect overdue invoices
- Developing positive relationships with customers
- Analyzing and resolving administrative errors that are delaying invoicing or payments
- Collecting PO’s from sales reps and hospitals to invoice the customer timely
- Maintaining department standards for days sales outstanding, aged receivables, and PO’s
- Documenting collection activities and maintaining organized records; filing is required as needed
- Participating in special projects as assigned
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Three to five years of collections experience
- Ability to handle high volume data entry
- Outstanding organizational skills; detail oriented
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude and customer focused
- Ability to work in fast paced environment; Multi-tasking abilities required for successful job completion
- Working knowledge of MS Office; MS Excels skill strongly preferred
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.