Software QA Engineer
At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Software QA Engineer will work as part of the team to help develop and execute test procedures for medical applications running on our devices. The position will be hands-on and the individual must be capable of creative and systematic test development with minimum supervision. The job requires the individual to be a team player with the ability to function well in a challenging and fast paced environment.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Creating test protocols or procedures to verify software design requirements and ensure traceability from requirements
- Executing software testing protocols/procedures
- Supporting production/manufacturing, internal testing and external customers when presented with quality/support issues. Conducting troubleshooting investigations to reproduce issues and support root cause identification
- Partnering with other engineers and technicians to plan and conduct the testing tasks as part of the overall project
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- 3-5 years of software testing experience; Bachelor's Degree
- Experience with bug tracking tools
- Familiarity with the entire software development life cycle
- Ability to work independently as well as a key contributor in small teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.