Senior Sales Trainer, Trauma & Joints
At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
We seek the very best team members to develop, manufacture, and distribute state-of-the-art musculoskeletal device products. We are inspired by the needs of patients and the surgeons and health care providers who treat them. See what it’s like to be part of the Globus Medical team.
The Senior Sales Trainer for Trauma & Joints will represent the company in accordance with the company’s quality policy and procedures. Upon hire, the Senior Sales Trainer will be responsible for leading the training and development of Globus Trauma & Joints sales representatives and in-house personnel. The Trauma & Joints Sales Training program trains on three key pillars: clinical knowledge, technical expertise, and sales skills. The training and assessment of the skills to achieve these pillars are delivered through various training programs.
The Senior Sales Trainer is expected to possess clinical knowledge, technical expertise, and sales skills upon hire.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serve as important role model and resource for trauma and joints sales trainees
- Continuously developing and enhancing the Trauma & Joints training curriculum to reflect industry trends and advanced technologies
- Coordinating training courses, including incorporation of speakers (Sales Managers, Product Development staff, and surgeons), and facilitating the discussion involving those speakers
- Lecturing and teaching course content upon hire
- Reviewing and updating training agendas, per the direction of the Sales Training Manager, which includes communication with Product Development and other departments
- Actively learning medical and product-specific knowledge through successful course completion
- Overseeing creation and maintenance of internal folders, presentations, and documents
- Working with various departments to manage the development of training materials that enhance the learning process
- Working with Trauma Field representatives and Product Development in preparation for a course, which includes pre-work management, email and phone communication, and set/display organization
- Supervising day-to-day rotations in the Training Center, breakout rooms and Bioskills Lab, as well as the verification of critical tasks
- Communication of student-specific course progress to Area Directors, Sales Managers, and department heads
- Eventually understanding the logistics of managing the Training department, which includes set requests, travel coordination, course scheduling, as well as communication with departments such as Professional Affairs, Compliance and Regulatory
- Supporting the Product Development in developing content for the annual Global Sales Meeting
- Meeting or exceeding all objectives assigned (weekly, monthly, and/or yearly)
- Flexible work hours based on training curriculums
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and upholding the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- 5+ years in the medical device industry, specifically Trauma and/or Joints
- Medical device sales experience required
- Previous training experience is highly desired
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Life Science, Education or Business-related discipline
- Exemplary communication, listening, and facilitation skills
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Personality traits that include adaptability, respect, embraces teamwork, and leadership qualities
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.