Field Service Engineer, Imaging & Robotics
At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Field Service Engineer will provide on-site installation, preventive maintenance, and troubleshooting to maintain the highest quality level for all parts, products and systems. This position will ensure compliance with all company policies & procedures and maintaining compliance with US FDA and international medical device regulations and ISO 13485 quality system requirements. The Field Service Engineer will also participate in and provide support for customer phone inquiries, technical questions, and the documentation of all customer reports complaints / problems to ensure that customers are satisfied, and their needs are fulfilled.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Interfacing with internal and external customers in the coordination, planning, implementation, maintenance and service issues for Globus Medical product
- Installing Globus Medical product on-site at customer locations (hospitals) in accordance with an official installation procedure
- Performing site acceptance testing of Globus Medical product to demonstrate operational performance consistent with product specifications and formal test procedures
- Demonstrating system functionality to customer representatives and securing documented evidence of their concurrence of system functionality
- Responding to customer issues / complaints regarding Globus Medical product performance, by diagnosing reported problems, replacing (or repairing) product and demonstrating to customers that the reported problem has been resolved
- Performing preventative maintenance of Globus Medical product on-site at existing customer’s facilities
- Updating existing products to resolve systemic product issues and ensure optimal system functionality; upgrade existing products to enhance system capabilities and provide additional features
- Documenting and properly recording all customer feedback, issues and complaints consistent with Globus procedures for any unmet customer expectations
- Documenting the results of all customer visits including formal installation and system functionality test reports consistent with Globus Medical procedures
- Participating in and help manage returned material authorization (RMA) processing
- National and possible international travel in support of equipment is possible. As more equipment is deployed in the Northwest there will be less travel
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; science or engineering degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Field Service Engineer in a technical customer service/field service role; experience in the medical device industry preferred
- Experience with GMP and ISO standards as well as a strong understanding of healthcare capital equipment
- Ability to get into and out of hospital settings and keep all vendor requirements up to date.
- Proficient in MS Office, especially MS Excel
- Strong knowledge of quality and/or reliability engineering is a plus
- Ability to travel on short notice and provide service in assigned geography
- Self-starter; able to work independently and as a key contributor in small teams
- Excellent oral, written, and graphical communication skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.