At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Trauma Specialist is tasked with marketing and promoting Globus Medical products within the guidelines of the company’s quality policy and procedures and will support the growing Trauma division located in Southern California including San Diego and the Inland Empire. The sales goals and objectives assigned will be met and exceeded by having a full knowledge of Globus products, offerings, and surgical techniques, as well as understanding the customer needs and professionally positioning Globus Medical products above the competitions.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Meeting or exceeding all sales goals and objectives assigned in assigned territory
- Gaining and consistently increasing product knowledge through formal sales training; surgeon speaker programs, attending surgeries or visits, and industry research
- Communicating new ideas promptly to product development
- Attending and participating in sales meetings, training programs, conventions, and trade shows as directed
- Developing thorough knowledge and understanding of all Globus Medical products and major competitors in all product area
- Regularly providing feedback on topics such as product development opportunities, new target accounts, sales performance, and market feedback
- Developing relationships with key trauma surgeon customers
- Maintaining Consignments and Loaner inventory, moving loaner sets between accounts as needed
- Creating and implementing an annual business plan with quarterly updates
- Managing travel expenses within budget
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- 2+ years medical device sales or surgical related products experience and a Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience within an operating room
- Ability to travel as necessary, which may include nights and/or weekends
- Ability to collaborate and influence; excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of skeletal/orthopedic anatomy
- Ability to make sales presentations with positive results
- Strong computer skills – MS Office
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.