Manufacturing Engineer I
Branch Medical Group, part of Globus Medical Inc., a leading musculoskeletal solutions company, manufactures a wide range of implants for spinal and orthopedic applications as well as to design the instrumentation cases that house them.
Our passion, combined with Globus’ world-class engineering, transforms clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care and understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for supporting projects and operations of various CNC multi-axis milling machining centers in order to facilitate production. This position will develop processes for manufacturing in accordance with ISO-13485.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintaining efficiency of production thru machine and process improvement
- Ensuring quality objectives while controlling costs
- Following deadlines and maintaining production schedules
- Developing and troubleshooting to ensure inspection methods and help operators to find solutions
- Developing programs for effective machining
- Designing and determining tooling needed for projects
- Implementing verbal and/or written instructions such as blueprints, travelers, work instructions, process specifications, and sketches, in completing a variety of machining and inspection tasks
- Exercising Good Machining Practices, programming code, tooling, setups, and inspection techniques
- Training operators to utilize skills needed to maintain quality products
- Overseeing setup and prove out programs before releasing to production
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical, Industrial Engineering, or related experience
- 5+ years hands-on experience as a 5-axis CNC Milling or Turning Machinist in a production metal cutting environment; Master cam programming for CNC Milling and Turning
- Complete understanding of the operations of the machines
- Experience in G-code programming – using variables and Macro-B arguments; specialty materials (i.e. titanium, stainless steel, cobalt chrome, PEEK)
- Visual inspection with the use of a microscope on small parts with attention to detail
- Flexible, reliable, self-starting team player with ability to work with little or no supervision
- Self-starter with the ability to work with little or no supervision; well organized and possesses the ability to multi-task
- Team player, open to new ideas and team work, self-motivated individual, willingness to continually strive to increase personal knowledge and value
- Excellent communication skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.