IT Support Specialist
At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
As an IT Support Specialist, you will be responsible for providing level 1 and 2 technical support via in-person, phone, email, and web for corporate applications, other end user applications, tools and troubleshooting IT related hardware and software issues. The individual will be responsible for providing support primarily for Globus Medical’s subsidiary (Bone Bank Allografts) as well as remote Field Sales personnel in the Central and West Coast areas.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing support over phone/video conferencing to end users for various corporate applications
- Understanding possible process changes from business teams and suggest improvements to their processes or to the application functionality
- Acting as the site coordinator for BoneBank and facilitate process improvements by understanding business processes, listening to the voice of customer and conducting surveys
- Coordinating with the technical team and business users with project launches and assist with post production support and training
- Preparing / coordinating in preparation of relevant training material in different languages to support internationalization
- Performing in-process testing of changes at peer level before QA/UAT testing phases
- Updating Wiki pages and User Manuals for changes pertaining to the ERP modules pertaining to the companies responsible for
- Assisting with new hire and termination processes by being a liaison between HR, IT and company directors
- Coordinating with Group Manager (ES&S) with procurement of hardware/software, asset management, license management etc.
- Coordinating with various IT teams (Prog Dev, TechOps, ES&S, Audits) on projects especially requirements gathering, testing, rollout, support etc.
- Working on level 1 support tickets pertaining to the companies, writing solution docs etc.
- Working with end user groups on special events like physical audits etc.
- Being the SME for business processes related to the companies supported
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- 2+ years of support/troubleshooting experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent; Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills, with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to work independently and/or part of a team
- Willingness and aptitude to learn new technologies/non-IT domains
- Web based IT Systems
- Experience with using online conferencing tools like Teams, Webex etc.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.