Quality Control Inspector II
Branch Medical Group, part of Globus Medical Inc., a leading musculoskeletal solutions company, manufactures a wide range of implants for spinal and orthopedic applications as well as to design the instrumentation cases that house them.
Our passion, combined with Globus’ world-class engineering, transforms clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care and understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Quality Control Inspector is responsible for performing quality inspections on raw materials, components, and assemblies to ensure the product meets specification while accurately completing all documentation and maintaining Device History Records.
Hours: 8:00 - 4:30 PM
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performing inspection of raw materials, components, and assemblies for conformance to specifications
- Adhering to all verbal and/or written instructions such as detailed drawings, production traveler, work instruction, and process specifications at the direction of supervisor when completing inspection tasks
- Verifying inspection equipment, machinery and tools used are calibrated per company policy
- Documenting non-conformance when identified
- Bringing problems/issues to attention of Quality Assurance Manager
- Working efficiently to achieve targeted goals as set by the production schedule
- Following Good Manufacturing Practices and inspection techniques at all times
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 7 years inspection experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings for medical devices, including Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Automated inspection system experience is a plus
- Able to efficiently use a computer using Windows, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong clerical and math skills
- Ability to use standard measuring equipment (i.e. Micrometers, Calipers, Height Gages, profilometer, ring, plug and thread, go no/go gages, dial indicator, surface plate, gage blocks and torque wrench)
- Familiarity with GMP and SOP’s to ISO standards a plus
- Team player, open to new ideas and teamwork, self-motivated individual, willingness to continually strive to increase personal knowledge and value
- Reliable, self-starter with the ability to work with little or no supervision and is detail oriented
- Strong communication skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is frequently required to sit or stand for extend durations in addition to climbing, balancing, kneeling, or crouching as they move about the facility. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.