Software Engineer, Deployment
At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Software Engineer - Deployment serves as the point of contact for multiple cross team projects and is responsible for the definition and development of the software deployment infrastructure for the ExcelsiusGPS® surgical robot and Excelsius3D® imaging system, two industry trailblazers used in operating rooms around the globe.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Designing, implementing and managing software deployment efforts for Globus Medical products, both in house and on end-user systems
- Conceiving solutions to identified requirements
- Defining business needs, including Cybersecurity requirements
- Managing implementation of software deployment infrastructure and updates
- Providing Business Development input when required
- Ensuring efficient performance and scalability of solutions
- Contributing to design, testing, and documentation
- Supporting integration, internal testing, and external customers when presented with quality issues. Ensuring timely resolution of issues by prioritizing work to identify the root cause and creating a corrective plan
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related Engineering field with 2+ years of professional experience
- Expertise in deployment of software binaries and data packages on Microsoft Windows
- Accomplished problem solver with an emphasis on product development
- Understanding of an FDA design control environment
- Scripting experience including PowerShell, Python, Batch scripts
- Skilled in Package management including Chocolatey, NuGet, Conan, MSI (Windows Installer)
- Experience in setup and management of package artifacts and in Cybersecurity aspects such as digital signatures and secure connections
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office and familiarity with creating installers on Microsoft Windows
- Ability to travel up to 5-10% of the time
- Demonstrated self-starting skills
- Well organized, detail oriented and team player capable of meeting deadlines
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.