Senior Accountant, Financial Reporting
At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Senior Accountant, Financial Reporting is a hard-working and motivated individual with a strong technical background and experience in all aspects of SEC reporting, technical accounting, and research. Working with the Manager, Financial Reporting, the Senior Accountant will be a willing team contributor in performing monthly reporting, share-based compensation accounting, and assisting in the administration of our consolidation/reporting system.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, detail-oriented, organized, and deadline driven. The candidate will be able to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multi-task. A willingness to learn and grow is imperative for success in this role.
As Globus continues to grow, there will be opportunities for additional responsibility and we are committed to providing an environment that promotes career growth and development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Owns the preparation and filing of SEC reports such as Forms 8-K, 10-Q, 10-K and the Annual Report.
- Ensures compliance with all SEC, FASB, and NYSE rules and regulations.
- Assists with the management and review of XBRL reporting related to SEC filings.
- Assists with and/or leads technical accounting research efforts. Analyzes, researches and concludes on new and proposed accounting, reporting and disclosure standards issued by the FASB and SEC and prepare memorandums regarding the Company’s position and impact on the Company.
- Responsible for equity compensation including EPS calculations and recording share-based compensation.
- Prepare consolidated financial statements including statement of equity and the statement of cash flows.
- Assists with valuations, including contingent consideration, intangibles, etc., including interfacing with internal stakeholders and external valuation specialists
- Assists with the preparation of monthly journal entries pertaining to various components of robot revenue recognition
- Assists with the design and implementation of corporate policies and controls.
- Liaison with external and internal auditors.
- Assists with the roll-out of new modules within OneStream software, SAGE GL accounting system, and various other new software implementations.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Minimum of B.S. in Accounting, CPA required.
- 2-5 years of experience.
- Extensive knowledge of SEC Reporting and US GAAP.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
To be successful in this role, you should have experience with the following:
- Experience with top-tier public accounting firms and/or public company financial reporting.
- Experienced in share-based compensation, revenue recognition, and/or acquisition accounting.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.