Senior Internal Auditor
At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them. Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
We are recruiting for an Internal Audit Senior Associate to work within our dynamic Internal Audit function. This person will work closely with the Internal Audit Director and Internal Audit team in the managing and execution of the board approved internal audit plan. Responsibilities include assisting in the development and execution of the annual risk assessment, taking an active role in testing the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting, and assisting with the preparation of audit committee presentation materials. It is also anticipated that there will be other non-SOX / Internal Audit projects as time and experience allow.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, detail-orientated, organized and deadline driven. The candidate will also possess strong communication skills, a “roll your sleeves up” mentality and be able to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assisting in completion of the annual risk assessment, entity level controls testing, segregation of duties and SOC1 reports review
- Preparing testing documentation evidencing adequacy and effectiveness of management's controls, business risks, related exposures, and providing value added recommendations and corrective actions.
- Obtaining and reviewing evidence ensuring audit conclusions are well-documented.
- Ensuring adherence at all times to all applicable department and professional standards
- Communicating identified issues to the Director to ensure any potential concerns are addressed in a timely and effective manner
- Assisting with the continued refinement and execution of the SOX assessment test plan
- Assisting in establishing, testing and documenting internal controls of newly acquired entities
- Assisting the Director in preparing audit reports for Senior Management and Audit Committee
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct
- Ensuring Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and upholding the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Bachelors in accounting, finance, or other business discipline
- CPA; MBA/CIA a plus (but familiarity with IT systems and SOX testing is required)
- Minimum 3 years solid accounting experience required with 2 years public accounting and / or internal control testing experience
- Familiarity with US GAAP and PCAOB Auditing Standards. Good knowledge of SOX 404 compliance, COSO 2013 and internal control assessment
- Experience in identifying risks associated with processes (risk assessment), identifying internal controls within a process and performing gap analysis
- Manufacturing and international industry experience preferred
- Knowledge of business systems and Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated ability to be objective and use exceptionally good judgment
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Well organized, detail-oriented team player with proven ability to multitask effectively
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively lead a discussion or meeting
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.