At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
Our rapidly growing medical robotics division is searching for enthusiastic electrical engineers wanting to make a difference. Our engineers develop medical robots by working with top surgeons and a cross-functional engineering team. The Electrical Engineer will be part of a team responsible for designing, implementing, and sustaining electrical designs. The position will be a hands-on one with the individual capable of creative and systematic product development with minimum supervision.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Designing, developing, and debugging electrical circuits based on system requirement documents
- Designing electronics containing analog, digital, and microcontroller circuitry
- Interfacing with PCB designers to complete circuit board layouts and documentation packages
- Developing test fixtures and procedures
- Maintaining compliance with standards typical of the medical industry (IEC60601-1)
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensuring Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role.
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus.
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3-5 years of electrical engineering experience required or Master’s degree with 1-3 years of experience
- Experience in analog and digital circuit design including signal processing, a/d, d/a, power, and firmware design in C
- Proficient with electrical test equipment; oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.
- Familiar with design for test, analyzing information, and reporting results
- Experience with schematic capture software such as OrCAD
- Experience with circuit modelling software such as PSpice
- General experience with PCB development including schematic, layout, building, and debugging
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Motivated self-starter with good time management and organizational skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.