Engineering Manager, Robotics
At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them. Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Engineering Manager, Robotics will be responsible for the creation and productive functioning of the product group leading to rapid product presence in robotics. The position will own all engineering efforts, work with the sales team to drive product adoption, and support manufacturing and service to maintain product supply. The person needs to have leadership qualities to hire and lead a dynamic group of Product Engineers and Product Managers. The job requires the individual to be a team player with the ability to function well in a challenging and fast-paced environment. Must be enthusiastic, positive, even-tempered, and have strong skills in areas of dependability, interpersonal relationships, flexibility, and professionalism.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Successfully leading the group in developing products
- Recruiting, hiring, and training of employees to fill positions as they arise to create a strong group including engineers and product managers
- Performing and maintaining market analysis by each product segment to identify new product offerings and line extensions to ensure Globus has the best product robotic platform offerings across applications.
- Responsible for all Quality Compliance activities for products within the department including complaint, CAPA, MDR, NCMR, and all relevant compliance activities
- Developing sound mechanical, pre-clinical, and clinical data of scientific merit on all technologies developed
- Providing support for all educational activities including MERC courses, symposia, think tanks, delta force meetings, cadaver labs, and in-house courses.
- Ensuring that all Globus equipment at these meetings are up-to-date and only promoted by Globus in accordance with its approved labeling
- Working closely with Regulatory Affairs in planning, coordinating, writing, and executing of 510(k), IDE & PMA submissions and approvals
- Working closely with VP, Strategy & Corporate Development to ensure that Globus can attract and retain the best spine surgeons to serve on product development teams, surgeon boards, think tanks, podium speakers, etc
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and upholding the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- 3-5 years of experience in product development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business, Master’s Degree preferred
- Working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office, E-mail, and Microsoft Project
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 15-20% of the time
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.