Senior Manufacturing Engineer - Imaging
At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them. Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
As part of the Imaging Manufacturing team, you’ll need to have strong technical skills, be hands-on and creative with minimum supervision. The job requires you to be a team player with the ability to function well in a challenging, fast paced environment. You must be enthusiastic, positive, even tempered and have strong skills in areas of communication, dependability, interpersonal relationships, flexibility and maturity.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work with Product Development teams to achieve a smooth new product introduction (NPI).
- Work with a cross-functional sustaining team to address life cycle issues, continuous improvement, reliability, and cost reductions for existing products.
- Provide technical support to manufacturing efforts.
- Identify root cause and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Interface with Quality Assurance/Quality Control to ensure products and processes comply with all required regulations.
- Develop and maintain procedures and equipment used for manufacturing medical robotic and navigation products.
- Develop and release fixtures/assembly aides for use in manufacturing.
- Generate change orders to update documentation and BOMs for released product.
- Demonstrate effective writing skills for drafting SOP’s, Operations & Maintenance. Procedures, protocols, reports, process validations and other manufacturing related documentation.
- Develop New and Improve Existing production workflows using data-driven approaches.
- Identify and Implement equipment improvements, as needed.
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5 years of engineering experience (Electrical Engineering or Similar).
- Familiarity with ISO requirements, FDA Regulations, and cGMP’s.
- Demonstrated experience with data analysis and KPIs.
- Demonstrated experience using Lean manufacturing methods.
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting electronics.
- Ability to work independently and as a key contributor in cross-functional teams.
- Excellent oral, written, and graphical communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office, Outlook, and Teams.
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time.
In order to be qualified for this role, we prefer you possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 7+ years of engineering experience (Electrical Engineering or Similar)
- Experience in Medical Device Manufacturing field.
- Experience in Robotics.
- Experience in Optics.
- Experience in evaluating precise 3D spatial problems.
- Experience with microcontrollers and writing code.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.