Senior Systems Engineer
At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering team works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal product solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
We are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to join our core surgical navigation team in Methuen, Massachusetts. The role involves coordinating technical activities between internal engineering, management and manufacturing teams. Authoring and review of requirements, auditing test activities and providing insights into project management statuses are all key aspects of this position. Some SolidWorks design review and drawing creation is also preferred. Candidates should have a high level of aptitude for mechanical engineering practices including output drawing review and authorship.
Our team is responsible for tracking robot end effectors and other surgical apparatus that enable minimally invasive surgery. We also develop the novel sensor hardware and extended reality headset technologies used across clinical procedures in the operating room. Candidates should demonstrate strong systems engineering skills and be comfortable working with individuals across multiple engineering disciplines. This is a highly creative team working on novel technologies, so intellectual curiosity and a willingness to learn and adapt to new things are a must.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Apply knowledge of engineering principles to improve the design, development, and testing of the core surgical navigation products
- Communicate status and solicit feedback regarding systems development to management
- Continuous evaluation and improvement of design controls and development processes
- Support the creation of product requirements, specifications, and test documents
- Evaluate system level designs and provide feedback and improvements to output drawings including mechanical tolerances
- Support the engineering development of manufacturing test fixtures and documentation
- Support manufacturing, internal testing, and external customers when presented with quality issues. Prioritizes work to identify the root cause and create a corrective plan that ensures timely resolution of issues
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5+ years of system or mechanical engineering experience
- Review and authorship of engineering specifications, test procedure and drawings
- Familiar with a variety of industry concepts, practices, and procedures
- Ability to work independently and as a key contributor in small teams
- Excellent oral, written, and graphical communication skills
- Working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office, and E-mail
Desired skills and experience include:
- Experience with SolidWorks and mechanical tolerancing is a major plus
- Understanding of process engineering and release to manufacturing
- Experience in Medical Device field and FDA review processes
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is required to sit or stand for extended durations. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.