At Bone Bank Allografts, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Product Development, Maintenance Engineer will be responsible for all engineering functions of their teams existing product lines. This includes but is not limited to, continuous improvement ideation, design and development of line extensions, manufacturing improvements, post launch monitoring such as field failure evaluation, and market complication surveillance. This individual will work with field staff and all other functions of the company to ensure the high quality of all products continue throughout their lifecycles.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Obtaining field feedback on system complications
- Completing investigations for Root Cause Analysis/Corrective Action Implementation
- Developing process improvements to improve product reliability
- Designing and developing instruments and implants using SolidWorks
- Working with prototype shop and outside vendors on functional and manufacturing improvements to existing systems
- Performing design verification and validation activities to ensure designs meet specifications
- Maintaining project plans and Design history Files (DHF) for each project
- Managing of all post-launch aspects of project to ensure timely completion of tasks while remaining in full compliance with the BBA quality system and other applicable regulatory bodies
- Maintaining diligent post introduction monitoring to address and customer requests for changes
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Proficiency in SolidWorks for designing and drafting
- Demonstrated self-starting skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and effectively within a fast-paced environment
- Well organized, detail oriented and team player capable of meeting deadlines
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel 10-15% Will be required to attend surgeries and/or labs
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.