Quality Control Inspector I
At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Quality Control Inspector will be responsible for performing QC inspections and package testing on in-process materials and finished products. The QC inspector will also be responsible for ensuring all policies and procedures comply with applicable FDA, state, OSHA, AATB, and ISO regulations and standards.
Hours: 11:30 AM - 8:00 PM, Monday through Friday, with a half hour for lunch
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performing inspections of raw materials, components, and assemblies for conformance to specifications
- Following verbal and/or written instructions such as detailed drawings, production traveler, work instruction, and process specifications at the direction of supervisor in completing a variety of inspection tasks
- Verifying inspection equipment, machinery and tools used are calibrated per company policy
- Documenting non-conformance when found
- Bringing problems/issues to attention of Quality Assurance Manager
- Working efficiently to achieve targeted goals as set by the production schedule
- Performing other duties as assigned, to maintain efficiency throughout the company
- Practicing Good Manufacturing Practices and inspection techniques at all times
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent; minimum of three (3) years experience with quality control inspections is preferred
- Self-starter with the ability to show initiative in assignments; willingness to continually strive to increase knowledge and skills
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings for medical devices
- Automated inspection system experience and familiarity with GMP and SOP’s to ISO standards is a plus
- Ability to use standard measuring equipment (i.e. Micrometers, Calipers, Height Gages, profilometer, ring, plug and thread, go no/go gages, dial indicator, surface plate, gage blocks and torque wrench)
- Team player, open to new ideas and team work, self-motivated individual, willingness to continually strive to increase personal knowledge and value
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and follow-up skills; Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while multi-tasking and maintaining attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Office, especially MS Excel
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to stand; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.