Buyer / Planner
At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Buyer/Planner is responsible for supporting Supply Chain activities in the Methuen facility. The job requires the individual to be a team player with the ability to function well in a challenging and fast paced environment.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Evaluating bid responses, perform cost/price analysis, negotiate price, delivery schedules, and place PO's in accordance with SOP's
- Initiating and following through on any supplier changes (DCO's), etc.
- Interfacing directly with staff and suppliers to resolve order status, discrepancies, past due items and schedule/date changes
- Resolving invoice discrepancies with suppliers and Accounts Payable
- Initiating NDA's with Legal and Supplier Approval documents with Quality Assurance
- Working closely with Product Development, Operations, Accounting, Receiving, Inspection, Logistics and Customer service personnel
- Working closely with Quality to evaluate supplier capabilities and reliability and perform on-site suppliers audits as needed
- Demonstrating organizational skills and ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Working knowledge of MRP and ERP principles and materials management
- Associates degree or equivalent experience as a Buyer/Planner
- Working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office suite
- Familiarity with ERP/MRP planning systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel as needed, less than 10%
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.