Senior Accountant, Inventory
At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Senior Accountant, Inventory works with the Finance Team as well the distribution facilities worldwide to determine efficiencies and perform root cause analysis related to inventory activities. This role is a key contributor to the month-end close process as well as be responsible for regulating and authenticating financial transactions related to inventory and instrumentation. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, detail-orientated, organized and deadline driven, able to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities. To be successful, this individual must be able to effectively communicate, collaborate and research topics accordingly to help drive the business forward.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Participating in month-end close activities: creating journal entries, preparing standard financial and operational reports, explaining operational activities/related variances, inventory reconciliations and excess/obsolete inventory calculations
- Maintaining transfer pricing in ERP system worldwide
- Continuing active participation in Distribution facility activities and projects
- Reviewing and reporting on inventory transaction activities
- Assisting in the development of inventory and excess/obsolete budgets
- Executing annual physical inventory activities and monthly cycle count analysis
- Performing Inventory and COGS analysis
- Preparing SOX key control requirements for review and external audit reporting requirements related to Inventory
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years of accounting experience with a manufacturing company.
- Experience with transfer pricing and intercompany transactions a plus
- Extensive experience with Excel commands and functions: PIVOTS, LOOKUPS, IF STATEMENTS, CHARTS, INDEX, MATCH, CONDITIONAL FORMATTING. Must pass an excel test
- Knowledge of ERP Systems
- Self-Starter with the ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Derive energy from facing challenges and provide actionable solutions
- Strong commitment and work ethic
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Requires a demonstrated ability to be objective and use good judgment
- Ability to troubleshoot critical issues in a timely fashion
- Ability to excel in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Good social acumen
- Strong conceptual and analytical thinking
- Ability to analyze data and provide evidence-based recommendations
- Well organized, detail-oriented team player with proven ability to multitask effectively while adapting to changing priorities
- Possess intellectual curiosity and drive improvements while working closely with area leadership
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is frequently required to sit and or stand for long periods of time. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.