At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Materials Handler will perform standard receiving, inventory, and shipping warehouse functions. This includes receiving items from vendors and putting away inventory receipts, picking items for orders, and shipping items out. The job requires the individual to be a team player with the ability to function well in a challenging and fast paced environment. Must be positive, even tempered and have strong skills in areas of dependability, flexibility and maturity.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Receiving parts in from vendor; perform receiving functions to verify part, quantity, and documentation are accurate
- Queue items for inspection, put away inspected parts into inventory
- Pick and queue jobs for assembly; pulling and verifying material listed on production orders.
- Shipping products with 100% accuracy; same day packing and shipping of all orders
- Controlling and coordinating the flow of the work in process to eliminate lag times between operations; maintain a constant flow of work in process inventory and parts to destinations
- Maintaining accurate component quantities for each of the families related to the Electromechanical Assembly business
- Performing Cycle Counts on a daily basis to verify accurate system quantities.
- Coordinating planning and expected completion dates with production coordination team.
- Providing management with accurate representations of part locations, quantities and completion status
- Entering item data related to order transactions into the software system
- Maintaining inventory items in a first-in/first-out basis
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- High School diploma or equivalent work experience
- Minimum one-year experience working in a Warehouse environment or related operational field
- Ability to follow procedures as well as take initiative; team player
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills
- Experience using Radio Frequency (RF) scanners
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must be able to operate a pallet jack. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.