Senior Cost Accountant
At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
We are seeking a Sr Cost Accountant that will work closely with the manufacturing facilities to provide meaningful financial data to run the business.
Essential functions of this role include the ability to work with the Finance Team as well the manufacturing facilities to determine efficiencies and perform root cause analysis related to production activities. This role will be a key contributor to the month-end close process as well as be responsible for regulating and authenticating financial transactions related to inventory, plant spend and fixed assets.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, detail-orientated, organized and deadline driven. The candidate will also be able to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities. To be successful, this individual must be able to effectively communicate, collaborate and research topics accordingly to help drive the business forward.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Participate in month-end close activities: create journal entries, prepare standard financial and operational reports, explain operational activities/related variances, report monthly plant performance, inventory reconciliations, and excess/obsolete inventory analysis.
- Perform work order review/analysis, assessing accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare financial analysis to monitor spend in key areas (scrap, spending, inventory, etc.)
- Maintain active participation in plant operations
- Review and report on inventory transaction activities
- Calculate standard cost for new products and process improvement changes to products
- Ensure validity and accuracy of ERP through analysis and coordination with materials, production and work order processing
- Assist in the development of annual plant budget and standard cost calculations
- Execute annual physical inventory activities and monthly cycle count analysis
- Monitor and review asset additions, transfers and disposals, ensuring complete and accurate supporting documentation
- Maintain and improve process documentation and controls associated with manufacturing costs and inventory valuation
- Represent Accounting/Finance on teams designed to improve operations, reduce costs, etc.
- Additional duties - Responsibilities will be assigned to this position on an as-needed basis
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 4+ years of cost accounting experience with a manufacturing company.
- Extensive experience with Excel commands and functions: PIVOTS, LOOKUPS, IF STATEMENTS, CHARTS, INDEX, MATCH, CONDITIONAL FORMATTING. Must pass an excel test
- Knowledge of ERP Systems, preferably Microsoft AX 2012
- Self-Starter with the ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Derive energy from facing challenges and provide actionable solutions
- Strong commitment and work ethic
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Requires a demonstrated ability to be objective and use good judgment
- Ability to troubleshoot critical issues in a timely fashion
- Ability to excel in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Good social acumen
- Strong conceptual and analytical thinking
- Ability to analyze data and provide evidence-based recommendations
- Well organized, detail-oriented team player with proven ability to multitask effectively while adapting to changing priorities
- Possess intellectual curiosity and drive improvements while working closely with area leadership
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is frequently required to sit and or stand for long periods of time. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.