Senior Sales Trainer
The Senior Sales Trainer will represent the company in accordance with the company’s quality policy and procedures. Upon hire, the Senior Sales Trainer is responsible for leading the Sales Training team in the training and development of Globus sales representatives and in-house personnel. The Spine Sales Training program trains on three key pillars: clinical knowledge, technical expertise, and sales skills. The training and assessment of the skills to achieve these pillars are delivered through various training programs.
The Senior Sales Trainer is expected to possess clinical knowledge, technical expertise, and sales skills upon hire.
- Continuously develops and enhances the training curriculum to reflect industry trends and advanced technologies
- Coordinates training courses, including incorporation of speakers (Sales Managers, Product Development staff, and surgeons), and facilitates the discussion involving those speakers
- Lectures and teaches course content upon hire
- Reviews and updates training agendas, per the direction of the Sales Training Manager, which includes communication with Product Development and other departments
- Actively learns medical and product-specific knowledge through successful course completion
- Oversees creation and maintenance of internal folders, presentations, and documents
- Works with various departments to manage the development of training materials that enhance the learning process
- Works with Sales Trainer(s) and Associate Sales Trainer(s) in preparation for a course, which includes pre-work management, email and phone communication, and set/display organization
- Supervises day-to-day rotations in the Training Center, breakout rooms and Bioskills Lab, as well as the verification of critical tasks
- Communicates, per the direction of the Sales Training Manager, of student-specific course progress to Area Directors, Sales Managers, and department heads
- Eventually understands the logistics of managing the Training department, which includes set requests, travel coordination, course scheduling, as well as communication with departments such as Professional Affairs, Compliance and Regulatory
- Supports the Sales Training Manager in developing content for the annual Global Sales Meeting
- Meets or exceeds all objectives assigned (weekly, monthly, and/or yearly)
- Flexible work hours based on training curriculums
- Adheres to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Represents the company in a professional manner and upholding the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
- 5+ years in the medical device industry, specifically spine
- Medical device sales experience required for new hires
- Previous training experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Life Science, Education or Business-related discipline
- Exemplary communication, listening, and facilitation skills
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Personality traits that include adaptability, respect, embraces teamwork, and leadership qualities
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Our Life Moves Us philosophy is built on four values: Passionate About Innovation, Customer Focused, Teamwork, and Driven.
- Passionate about Innovation: Improving patient care by delivering advanced technology to our customers is at the core of what we do. We are passionate in our role in improving the lives of patients by continuously developing better solutions
- Customer Focused: We listen to our customers’ needs and respond with a sense of urgency
- Teamwork: Working together, anything is possible. We value every person on our team and treat each other with respect. We are accountable to one another and support each other. Together, we make each other stronger
- Driven: We pursue our mission with energy and passion. We are nimble, results-oriented and decisive. We overcome obstacles that arise in our quest to deliver solutions that will improve the lives of our customers and patients.
The physical demands listed here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Required to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Required to possess specific visons abilities, including: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and capacity to adjust focus.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Globus Medical is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, national origin or citizenship. We are committed to a diverse workforce. We value all employees’ talents and support an environment that is inclusive and respectful.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.