Senior Electrical Engineer
At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
We are currently seeking highly motivated, enthusiastic engineers for a new product development team focused on bringing electro-mechanical, battery-powered surgical instruments to market. This opportunity is at ground level and this person will be a core member of the newly formed team as the first full-time Electrical Engineer in the Audubon location, helping to guide key product decisions as well as further team expansion for the development of pipeline future products.
The Senior Electrical Engineer will be part of a team responsible for designing, implementing, and sustaining electrical designs for Medical Devices. This person needs to have strong technical skills in electrical engineering. The position will be a hands-on one for an individual capable of creative and systematic product development with minimum supervision. The job requires the individual to be a team player with the ability to function well in a challenging and fast-paced environment. The candidate must be enthusiastic, positive, and have strong skills in areas of dependability, interpersonal relationships, flexibility, and maturity.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Designing, developing, and testing electrical circuits based on system requirement documents
- Developing schematics and layouts for PCB design
- Designing electronics containing digital, microcontroller, and analog circuitry
- Designing and developing brushless DC motor controls and embedded systems
- Developing test fixtures and procedures
- Maintaining compliance with standards typical of the medical industry (e.g. IEC60601-1)
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies.
- Ensuring Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and upholding the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- BSEE with 5-7 years or MSEE with 5-7 years of electrical engineering experience required
- Experience with sensored and sensorless motor control techniques
- Experience writing, testing, and documenting firmware
- Experience in design and development of BLDC motor controllers
- Strong knowledge of hall effect sensors, PWM-driven solenoids, H-bridge motor control, etc.
- Experience in digital circuit design including FPGA and microcontroller programming
- Familiarity with analog design including PCB power architecture, signal processing, a/d, d/a
- Experience with schematic capture software (Altium a plus), layout, prototyping, testing, and debugging.
- General experience with PCB development including layout, prototyping, and debugging
- Experience with circuit modeling software
- Proficient soldering components to PCBs, splicing wires, etc.
- Proficient with electrical test equipment; oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.
- Familiar with design for testing, analyzing information, and reporting results
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Motivated self-starter with good time management and organizational skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
The following skill sets are preferred:
- Familiarity with lithium-ion batteries, battery management systems, and charging technology
- Understanding of electronics product manufacturing processes and fault tolerance design practices
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.