Mechanical Engineer, Joints
At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
Our rapidly growing medical robotics division is searching for enthusiastic mechanical engineers wanting to make a difference. Our mechanical engineers develop surgical robotics, x-ray imaging, and navigation systems by working with top surgeons and a cross-functional engineering teams. This person needs to have strong technical skills in mechanical engineering. The position will be hands-on and the individual must be capable of creative and systematic product development with minimal supervision. The job requires the individual to be a team player with the ability to function well in a challenging and fast paced environment. Must be enthusiastic, positive, even tempered and have strong skills in areas of dependability, interpersonal relationships, flexibility and maturity.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Managing all aspects of assigned projects to ensure timely completion of tasks while remaining in full compliance with Globus quality system and other applicable regulatory bodies
- Applying knowledge of engineering principles to designing, developing, and testing all aspects of surgical robotic products
- Partnering with in-house prototype shop and outside vendors for rapid prototyping and evaluation
- Performing design verification and validation activities to ensure designs meet specifications
- Collaborating with marketing and product managers to develop forecasts and market plans
- Obtaining market feedback from surgeons and other customers to determine functional and design specifications for new product development
- Partnering with the operations department to setup manufacturing and/or purchasing as appropriate for each project
- Participating in product introductions through sales training, customer calls/visits, etc.
- Maintaining diligent post introduction monitoring to address and customer requests for changes
- Researching industry and direct competitors on an ongoing basis to ensure that Globus has cutting edge technology in all markets entered
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- One to five years of mechanical design engineering experience, preferably in the medical device field
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar area of study
- Proficiency in Creo Parametric software or similar CAD software for design and drafting required
- Proven leader of people with strong self-starting skills
- Ability to work in fast paced environment; Multi-tasking abilities required for successful job completion
- Well organized, detail oriented and team player capable of working in a deadline dictated environment
- Ability to adequately represent and reflect company philosophy to customers, investors, regulatory agencies, and industry peers
- Open to travel to attend surgeries and labs when needed
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.