Supply Chain Optimization Lead
At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them. Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Supply Chain Optimization Lead will oversee annual cost reduction, large vendor consolidation/resource efforts through the Globus Supply Chain, ensure that capacity exists to support New Launches, as well as, build out Globus’ pipeline of core competencies to achieve cost-efficient manufacturing methods. The Supply Chain Lead will be the Operational representative for these initiatives and responsible for defining an achievable, accurate plan that results in a low-cost structure that will bear the weight of 10-15% CAGR and supply reliability of +98% line fill rate. This person will also be integral in onboarding acquisition targets and easing the transition into the company from a Supply Chain perspective, which at times, will extend into manufacturing.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Drive Supply Chain’ to be realistic, reliable, predictable, and accurate.
- +$150k/yr in hard cost savings (i.e. cost change in our ERP annualized, removal of spend all together, assigned headcount reduction, etc)
- Smooth Supply Chain operational integration of acquisitions (Purchasing, Planning, ERP)
- Oversee, and when appropriate, recommend vendor consolidation / strategic resource project management
- Capacity planning, resourcing, and allocation ahead of current new launches (12-24 months rolling ahead) that will allow for delivery 3-4 months from initial Purchase Order.
- Filling and developing new vendor competencies as needed in anticipation of gaps in product launch
- Identifying, gaining Product Development and New Product Launch alignment on cost effective manufacturing methods, as well as, onboarding and developing added competencies/vendors
- Participates in vendor quoting / pricing / price increase mitigation
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Minimum of 4 years supply chain experience required; preferably in a medical device or healthcare manufacturing environment
- MRP/ERP experience
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytic skills with the ability to formulate conclusion through reporting
- Ability to lead without direct authority in a collaborative environment
- Ability to brief executives and have excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Must be detail oriented and team player capable of working in a deadline dictated environment
- Able to handle multiple, complex projects with varying deadlines and also an ability to adapt quickly to changing demands/needs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite- Strong in Excel and other analytic reporting tools
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.