Software Engineering Manager
At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them. Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Software Engineering Manager will be responsible for planning, directing, and implementing all aspects of the software engineering activities for the Spine applications across disruptive platform systems. This person needs to have good management skills, strong architectural and technical skills in software engineering, and a good understanding of the software development process for medical devices. The job requires the individual to be a team player with the ability to function well in a challenging and fast paced environment. Must be enthusiastic, positive, even tempered and have strong skills in areas of dependability, interpersonal relationships, flexibility and maturity.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Recruiting, hiring and developing the software development team
- Creating and maintaining product software architecture
- Writing product software documents
- Implementing and tracking development timelines using agile methodologies
- Developing prototypes, proofs of concept in addition to production-quality solutions
- Ensuring efficient performance and scalability of solutions
- Demonstrating a passion for software development, software craftsmanship, and test-driven development
- Understanding of an FDA design control environment
- Supporting manufacturing, internal testing, and external customers when presented with quality issues
- Prioritizing work to identify the root cause and create a corrective plan that ensures timely resolution of issues
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and establishing personal networks
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies
- Ensuring compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and upholding the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 7-10 years of professional programming experience on Windows required or Master’s degree with 5-7 years of experience
- Experience managing a small group of software engineers
- Experience in object-oriented analysis and design
- Experience programming in C/C++
- Experience developing software tools, utilities, and libraries/components
- Experience in Medical Device software development
- Experience in Motion Control, Medical Imaging and Surgical Navigation a plus
- Experience in Qt a plus
- Excellent oral, written, and graphical communication skills
- Working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel up to 5-10% of the time
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.