Donor Services Assistant
Bone Bank Allografts (BBA), part of Globus Medical Inc., a leading musculoskeletal solutions company, was founded in response to a growing need for allograft tissue that has led to more than 1,000,000 successful transplantations around the world.
Providing a wide range of surgical allograft options from traditional bone and soft tissues to specialty custom products for transplant – we aim to serve the medical community through continual excellence and innovation in tissue processing and distribution. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care and understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Donor Services Assistant is responsible for facilitating and evaluating incoming donor records for accuracy, completeness, and report the outcome with recommendation.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assembling and reviewing medical and agency records for timeliness, completeness of accuracy, and appropriateness of data
- Organizing and maintaining data for databases, logs, and filing system
- Recording data electronically for the collection of storage, analysis, retrieval, and reporting
- Collaborating with outside agencies to complete medical chats as required
- Ensuring or protecting confidential patient’s health information
- Organizing and evaluating patient’s medical records and agency documentation for QA and medical Director Review
- Understanding the content of the medical record and the significance of disease processes and physiology of the patient
- Identifying areas of documentation needing further clarification, to improve process flow; document trends by recovery agency and ancillary services for future in-service sessions to ensure proper revision of problematic processes, forms, etc.
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role.
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus.
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Associate's degree in medical discipline or its equivalent; High School Diploma
- 2+ years of experience in the medical field or related area - EMS, MA, CNA or medical Unit clerk strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge of medical terminology, guidelines and regulations
- Strong data entry skills; must have basic knowledge of MS Excel & Outlook
- Valid driver’s license and dependable transportation
- Excellent communication skills; strong attention to detail
- Ability to excel in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.