CNC Laser/Turret Operator - 2nd Shift
Branch Medical Group, part of Globus Medical Inc., a leading musculoskeletal solutions company, manufactures a wide range of implants for spinal and orthopedic applications as well as to design the instrumentation cases that house them.
Our passion, combined with Globus’ world-class engineering, transforms clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care and understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The CNC Laser/ Turret Operator will be primarily responsible for setting up and operating CNC laser, turret punch and/or combo laser/turret equipment to produce parts in accordance with specifications and work instructions. The ideal candidate must have an attention to detail and be willing to learn how to operate other shop equipment as needed. The work environment is clean, with modern equipment and does not require heavy lifting.
Hours: 2:30 PM – 11:00 PM, Monday through Friday
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Reading and interpreting work operation sheets to determine appropriate operations to be performed
- Setting up equipment to specifications and work instructions
- Perform production runs in accordance with established procedures and guidelines
- Completing production paperwork and makes required entries into company data base
- Following verbal and/or written instructions such as blueprints, traveler, work instruction, process specifications, sketches, and direction from supervisor in completing a variety of machining and inspection tasks
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- CNC background in metal fabrication preferred
- Able to use precision measuring tools – calipers, micrometers
- Able to read blueprints
- Clean, organized, and multi-task capable
- Flexible, reliable, self-starting team player with ability to work with little or no supervision
- Good communication skills
- Above average manual dexterity and mechanical aptitude
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is required to continuously stand and move around the work space. Manual dexterity is required – ability to walk, sit, balance, stoop, bend, reach and work with tools and small components. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.