Senior Firmware Engineer
At Globus Medical, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients with musculoskeletal disorders. Our team is inspired by the needs of these patients, and the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them. We embrace a culture of exceptional response by partnering with researchers and educators to transform clinical insights into tangible solutions. Our solutions improve the techniques and outcomes of surgery so patients can resume their lives as quickly as possible.
Our rapidly growing medical robotics division is searching for enthusiastic firmware engineer wanting to make a difference. Our skillful engineers develop medical robots by working with top surgeons and cross-functional engineering teams. The Firmware Engineer will be part of electrical team responsible for designing and implementing embedded firmware for surgical robotic products. The position will be a hands-on one with the individual capable of creative and systematic product development with minimum supervision.
- Develops firmware on ARM Cortex M microcontrollers for new product designs and maintain past designs
- Responsible for using electrical engineering skills to optimize hardware-firmware integration and performance
- Interfaces with electrical engineers on the team to debug and troubleshoot firmware hardware interactions on custom PCBs
- Verifies designs against functional and/or acceptance tests to ensure firmware performs properly
- Coordinates with software teams to ensure firmware efficacy
- Supports Production / Manufacturing, internal testing and external customers when presented with quality / support issues. Prioritizes work to identify the root cause and create a corrective plan that ensures timely resolution of issues.
- Maintains compliance with standards typical of the medical industry (IEC60601-1)
- Represents the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus.
- Adheres to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensures Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Represents the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5 years of firmware development experience required or Master’s degree with 3 years of experience
- Experience with different MCUs based on Cortex M architecture
- Experience in C/C++ embedded firmware development
- Experience in reading custom PCB schematics, layout and familiar with electrical fundamentals
- Experience working with serial communication protocols such as I2C, RS232, RS485, SPI, USB etc.
- Experience with motor control algorithms (BLDC, Stepper, etc.)
- Experience with GitHub and other version control systems
- Experience in software/firmware development in accordance with IEC 62304
- Experience with Elmo Motion Control platform is a plus
- Experience with FPGA programming is a plus
- Experience in Medical Device field a plus
- Ability to work independently and as a key contributor in small teams
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Motivated self-starter with good time management and organizational skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
Our Life Moves Us philosophy is built on four values: Passionate About Innovation, Customer Focused, Teamwork, and Driven.
- Passionate about Innovation: Improving patient care by delivering advanced technology to our customers is at the core of what we do. We are passionate in our role in improving the lives of patients by continuously developing better solutions
- Customer Focused: We listen to our customers’ needs and respond with a sense of urgency
- Teamwork: Working together, anything is possible. We value every person on our team and treat each other with respect. We are accountable to one another and support each other. Together, we make each other stronger
- Driven: We pursue our mission with energy and passion. We are nimble, results-oriented and decisive. We overcome obstacles that arise in our quest to deliver solutions that will improve the lives of our customers and patients.
The physical demands listed here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Required to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Required to possess specific visons abilities, including: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and capacity to adjust focus.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Globus Medical is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, national origin or citizenship. We are committed to a diverse workforce. We value all employees’ talents and support an environment that is inclusive and respectful.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.