Robotics and Medical Imaging Field Service Trainer
At Globus Medical, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients with musculoskeletal disorders. Our team is inspired by the needs of these patients, and the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them. We embrace a culture of exceptional response by partnering with researchers and educators to transform clinical insights into tangible solutions. Our solutions improve the techniques and outcomes of surgery so patients can resume their lives as quickly as possible.
Our rapidly growing Imaging, Navigation and Robotics' (INR) division is searching for a Product Trainer located in Methuen, MA. This position will support field personnel by providing training on installation, preventive maintenance and troubleshooting. The candidate will maintain the highest quality level for all procedures, support documents, products and systems, while ensuring compliance with all company policies & procedures and maintaining compliance with US FDA and international medical device regulations and ISO 13485 quality system requirements. The job requires the individual to be a self-starter and team player with the ability to work well without close supervision, can independently manage time/schedule and function well in a challenging and fast paced environment. Must be enthusiastic, positive, even tempered and have strong skills in areas of dependability, interpersonal relationships, flexibility and maturity. If you are looking to build a world class training program from the ground up this job is for you.
- Develops training materials for field service engineers
- Conducts in person, hands on training for field service team
- Develops annual training schedule and on-line training reservation system
- Travels with the field service team for OJT or process validation as required
- Assists the technical support engineer with process validations, troubleshooting trees and procedure development
- Interfaces with internal and external customers in the coordination, planning, implementation, maintenance and service issues for Globus Medical product.
- Adheres to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensures Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Represents the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties
- Requires a bachelor’s degree (science or biomedical engineering preferred).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Field Service Engineer in a technical customer service / field service role. Previous experience as a field service trainer preferred. Experience in the medical device industry preferred IE: Medical Robotics, Digital Imaging, X ray, Etc.
- Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications: Services experience (e.g., Clinical Services/Biomed, Radiology) and understand healthcare capital equipment.
- Exceptional presentation, communication and teaching skills in a classroom environment.
- GMP and ISO knowledge required
- Personal computer proficiency with MS Office is required. Knowledge of quality and/or reliability engineering is a plus
- Must be able to make solid decisions that effectively support the business and company policies
Our Life Moves Us philosophy is built on four values: Passionate About Innovation, Customer Focused, Teamwork, and Driven.
- Passionate about Innovation: Improving patient care by delivering advanced technology to our customers is at the core of what we do. We are passionate in our role in improving the lives of patients by continuously developing better solutions
- Customer Focused: We listen to our customers’ needs and respond with a sense of urgency
- Teamwork: Working together, anything is possible. We value every person on our team and treat each other with respect. We are accountable to one another and support each other. Together, we make each other stronger
- Driven: We pursue our mission with energy and passion. We are nimble, results-oriented and decisive. We overcome obstacles that arise in our quest to deliver solutions that will improve the lives of our customers and patients.
The physical demands listed here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Required to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Required to possess specific visons abilities, including: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and capacity to adjust focus.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Globus Medical is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, national origin or citizenship. We are committed to a diverse workforce. We value all employees’ talents and support an environment that is inclusive and respectful.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.