Senior Electrical Engineer, Power Tools
At Globus Medical, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients with musculoskeletal disorders. Our team is inspired by the needs of these patients, and the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them. We embrace a culture of exceptional response by partnering with researchers and educators to transform clinical insights into tangible solutions. Our solutions improve the techniques and outcomes of surgery so patients can resume their lives as quickly as possible.
We are currently seeking highly motivated, enthusiastic engineers for a new product development team focused on bringing electro-mechanical, battery-powered surgical instruments to market.
The Senior Electrical Engineer will be part of a team responsible for designing, implementing, and sustaining electrical designs for medical devices. This person needs to have strong technical skills in electrical engineering. The position will be a hands-on one with an individual capable of creative and systematic product development with minimum supervision. The job requires the individual to be a team player with the ability to function well in a challenging and fast-paced environment. The candidate must be enthusiastic, positive, and have strong skills in areas of dependability, interpersonal relationships, flexibility, and maturity.
- Designs, develops, and tests electrical circuits based on system requirement documents
- Develops schematics and layouts for PCB design
- Designs electronics containing digital, microcontroller, and analog circuitry
- Designs and develops brushless DC motor controls and embedded systems
- Develops test fixtures and procedures
- Maintains compliance with standards typical of the medical industry (e.g. IEC60601-1)
- Adheres to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensures Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Represents the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- BSEE with 6+ years or MSEE with 3+ years of electrical engineering experience required
- Experience with sensored and sensorless motor control techniques
- Experience writing, testing, and documenting firmware
- Experience in design and development of BLDC motor controllers
- Strong knowledge of hall effect sensors, PWM-driven solenoids, H-bridge motor control, etc.
- Experience in digital circuit design, including FPGA and microcontroller programming
- Familiarity with analog design, including PCB power architecture, signal processing, a/d, d/a
- Experience with schematic capture software (Altium is a plus), layout, prototyping, testing, and debugging
- General experience with PCB development, including layout, prototyping, and debugging
- Experience with circuit modelling software
- Proficient soldering components to PCBs, splicing wires, etc.
- Proficient with electrical test equipment, such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.
- Familiarity with design for testing, analyzing information, and reporting results
Our Life Moves Us philosophy is built on four values: Passionate About Innovation, Customer Focused, Teamwork, and Driven.
- Passionate about Innovation: Improving patient care by delivering advanced technology to our customers is at the core of what we do. We are passionate in our role in improving the lives of patients by continuously developing better solutions
- Customer Focused: We listen to our customers’ needs and respond with a sense of urgency
- Teamwork: Working together, anything is possible. We value every person on our team and treat each other with respect. We are accountable to one another and support each other. Together, we make each other stronger
- Driven: We pursue our mission with energy and passion. We are nimble, results-oriented and decisive. We overcome obstacles that arise in our quest to deliver solutions that will improve the lives of our customers and patients.
The physical demands listed here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Required to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Required to possess specific visons abilities, including: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and capacity to adjust focus.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Globus Medical is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, national origin or citizenship. We are committed to a diverse workforce. We value all employees’ talents and support an environment that is inclusive and respectful.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.