At Globus Medical, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients with musculoskeletal disorders. Our team is inspired by the needs of these patients, and the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them. We embrace a culture of exceptional response by partnering with researchers and educators to transform clinical insights into tangible solutions. Our solutions improve the techniques and outcomes of surgery so patients can resume their lives as quickly as possible.
The Senior Planner ties together all demand streams and all supply streams into one synchronized plan. The Planner is responsible to align the Sales and Product Development teams to an achievable demand plan based on projected incoming supply and on hand inventory, ensuring that all teams are informed as there are variances to the plan so that each can react and adjust accordingly.
- Creates supply plans for each vendor
- Develops commit files for in-house and external manufacturers to fill the business inventory needs/requirements
- Provides attainable monthly supply plans in coordination with the purchasing team for their vendors
- Integrates into the projected Supply Plan each vendor’s Key Performance Indicator metrics
- Generates long term plans for vendors based on current capacity and future needs
- Creates demand plans for each project owned
- Runs demand reviews monthly with the Product Managers
- Reviews all projects sets, sales and forecasts to ensure accurate demand is signaled US and OUS
- Builds attainable demand plans in coordination with the current and future business needs as well as supplier capabilities
- Integrates New Product Introductions, New Territories, and Market Introductions into Plans
- Captures demand by working in unison with NPI Team
- Purposely builds up inventory so that the FAM team can predict when BOs will be closed, Sets can be filled, and Sales can accelerate certain projects
- Monitors variance to plan and communicates to appropriate parties
- Adjusts forecasts-based input from product managers for the business future needs
- Ensures appropriate inventory levels are maintained in each inventory location
- Adheres to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies.
- Ensures Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Represents the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain management, or similar field preferred
- Minimum two years’ experience in supply / demand planning related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite- Strong in Excel and other analytic reporting tools
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytic skills with the ability to formulate conclusion through reporting
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment with good interpersonal communication skills
Our Life Moves Us philosophy is built on four values: Passionate About Innovation, Customer Focused, Teamwork, and Driven.
- Passionate about Innovation: Improving patient care by delivering advanced technology to our customers is at the core of what we do. We are passionate in our role in improving the lives of patients by continuously developing better solutions
- Customer Focused: We listen to our customers’ needs and respond with a sense of urgency
- Teamwork: Working together, anything is possible. We value every person on our team and treat each other with respect. We are accountable to one another and support each other. Together, we make each other stronger
- Driven: We pursue our mission with energy and passion. We are nimble, results-oriented and decisive. We overcome obstacles that arise in our quest to deliver solutions that will improve the lives of our customers and patients.
The physical demands listed here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Required to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Required to possess specific visons abilities, including: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and capacity to adjust focus.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Globus Medical is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, national origin or citizenship. We are committed to a diverse workforce. We value all employees’ talents and support an environment that is inclusive and respectful.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.