Senior/Staff Electrical Engineer
At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
Our rapidly growing medical robotics division is searching for enthusiastic electrical engineers wanting to make a difference. Our skillful engineers develop medical robots by working with top surgeons and cross-functional engineering teams. The Senior/Staff Electrical Engineer will be part of a team responsible for designing, implementing, and sustaining innovative electrical designs. This is a hands-on role, with the individual capable of creative and systematic product development with minimum supervision.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The Senior/Staff Electrical Engineer will lead designing, developing, implementing and debugging electrical circuits based on system requirement documents for surgical robotic platforms
- Responsible for designing electronics containing analog, digital, and microcontroller circuitry
- Interfacing with PCB designers to complete circuit board layouts and documentation packages
- Providing guidance and oversight for other junior electrical engineers on the team
- Developing test fixtures and procedures; coordinate with software teams to ensure efficacy; collaboration with manufacturing
- Provide technical assistance to manufacturing, internal testing team, and external customers when presented with quality issues; identifying the root cause and creating a corrective plan that ensures timely resolution of issues
- Maintaining compliance with standards typical of the medical industry (IEC60601-1)
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensuring Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role.
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus.
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering with 5-7 years of electrical engineering experience required; OR Master’s degree with 3-5 years of experience.
- Experience in analog and digital circuit design including signal processing, a/d, d/a, power; embedded design in C is a plus
- Experience with sensored and sensorless motor control techniques
- Proficient with electrical test equipment; oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.
- Familiar with design for test, analyzing information, and reporting results
- Experience with schematic capture software - Altium preferred
- Experience with PCB development including schematic, layout, building, debugging and component selection
- Experience with NRTL safety and EMC testing in accordance with IEC 60601
- Experience working in the medical device company is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Motivated self-starter with good time management and organizational skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
Our Life Moves Us philosophy is built on four values: Passionate About Innovation, Customer Focused, Teamwork, and Driven.
- Passionate about Innovation: Improving patient care by delivering advanced technology to our customers is at the core of what we do. We are passionate in our role in improving the lives of patients by continuously developing better solutions
- Customer Focused: We listen to our customers’ needs and respond with a sense of urgency
- Teamwork: Working together, anything is possible. We value every person on our team and treat each other with respect. We are accountable to one another and support each other. Together, we make each other stronger
- Driven: We pursue our mission with energy and passion. We are nimble, results-oriented and decisive. We overcome obstacles that arise in our quest to deliver solutions that will improve the lives of our customers and patients.
The physical demands listed here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Required to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Required to possess specific visons abilities, including: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and capacity to adjust focus.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Globus Medical is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, national origin or citizenship. We are committed to a diverse workforce. We value all employees’ talents and support an environment that is inclusive and respectful.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.