At Globus Medical, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients with musculoskeletal disorders. Our team is inspired by the needs of these patients, and the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them. We embrace a culture of exceptional response by partnering with researchers and educators to transform clinical insights into tangible solutions. Our solutions improve the techniques and outcomes of surgery so patients can resume their lives as quickly as possible.
The Purchasing Agent's main responsibilities include issuing PO’s, and following up on orders through production until final delivery. The individual will maintain vendor performance, and act as liaison between product development and vendors addressing inquiries and concerns. Working cross functionally, the Buyer must be a team player with the ability to function well in a challenging and fast-paced environment.
- Handles quote requests and follows up to both internal and external customers
- Forecasts; reviews all inventory levels
- Raises purchase orders and work orders
- Provides vendors with current prints for all products
- Reviews outstanding PO’s daily and follows up with vendors to ensure timely deliveries
- Collects information of resources & machinery of all Manufacturing Vendors and maintains a supplier database
- Partners with vendors to resolve non-conformances
- Assists with monthly order planning meeting; provides custom reports as required
- Assists Purchasing group in expanding the vendor base
- Adheres to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies.
- Ensures Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Represents the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain & Logistics, Business, Economics or a related field preferred
- 1-3 years’ experience in purchasing or a related field
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Well organized, detail oriented, and team player capable of working in a deadline driven environment
- Strong planning skills with the ability to motivate others and resolve production issues
- Knowledge of data analysis and purchasing best practices
- Strong knowledge and experience with MS Excel and MS Office
Our Life Moves Us philosophy is built on four values: Passionate About Innovation, Customer Focused, Teamwork, and Driven.
- Passionate about Innovation: Improving patient care by delivering advanced technology to our customers is at the core of what we do. We are passionate in our role in improving the lives of patients by continuously developing better solutions
- Customer Focused: We listen to our customers’ needs and respond with a sense of urgency
- Teamwork: Working together, anything is possible. We value every person on our team and treat each other with respect. We are accountable to one another and support each other. Together, we make each other stronger
- Driven: We pursue our mission with energy and passion. We are nimble, results-oriented and decisive. We overcome obstacles that arise in our quest to deliver solutions that will improve the lives of our customers and patients.
The physical demands listed here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Required to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Required to possess specific visons abilities, including: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and capacity to adjust focus.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Globus Medical is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, national origin or citizenship. We are committed to a diverse workforce. We value all employees’ talents and support an environment that is inclusive and respectful.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.