At Globus Medical, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients with musculoskeletal disorders. Our team is inspired by the needs of these patients, and the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them. We embrace a culture of exceptional response by partnering with researchers and educators to transform clinical insights into tangible solutions. Our solutions improve the techniques and outcomes of surgery so patients can resume their lives as quickly as possible.
The Manufacturing Engineer I is responsible for performing engineering related tasks within the discipline of the hiring department under the guidance of more senior department personnel. Utilizing learned skills to assist the production department to become more efficient.
- Follows the company’s policies and procedures.
- Applies machine programming skills learned (as applicable within the discipline of the hiring department).
- Adheres to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensures Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Represents the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties
- Sets up and operates production equipment as needed to either troubleshoot programs, prove out processes or perform Operation Qualification studies.
- Writes IQ, OQ & PQ protocols compliant with existing SOP’s with assistance from more senior personnel.
- Assists in the development of Engineering Technician I & II skillset
- Provides suggestions on how to improve product quality and throughput.
- Performs all work in accordance with oral instructions in conformance with company standards including, safety, workmanship, and good housekeeping practices
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- One of the following: machining technology degree, or mechanical engineering degree, or a minimum of two years of hands-on experience as a Manufacturing Engineer within the discipline of the hiring department.
- Capable of utilizing CAM software and tooling knowledge to create CNC programs (as applicable)
- Understanding of the operations within the discipline of the hiring department.
- Capable of utilizing inspection equipment to verify products produced within the discipline of the hiring department.
- Possess the ability to work under the guidance of a Manufacturing Engineer II or a Senior Manufacturing Engineer.
- Be capable of executing project functions independently with minimal guidance.
- Be well organized and possesses the ability to multi-task as required
- Team player, open to new ideas and teamwork, self-motivated individual, willingness to increase personal knowledge and value.
- Excellent communication skills
Our Life Moves Us philosophy is built on four values: Passionate About Innovation, Customer Focused, Teamwork, and Driven.
- Passionate about Innovation: Improving patient care by delivering advanced technology to our customers is at the core of what we do. We are passionate in our role in improving the lives of patients by continuously developing better solutions
- Customer Focused: We listen to our customers’ needs and respond with a sense of urgency
- Teamwork: Working together, anything is possible. We value every person on our team and treat each other with respect. We are accountable to one another and support each other. Together, we make each other stronger
- Driven: We pursue our mission with energy and passion. We are nimble, results-oriented and decisive. We overcome obstacles that arise in our quest to deliver solutions that will improve the lives of our customers and patients.
The physical demands listed here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Required to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Required to possess specific visons abilities, including: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and capacity to adjust focus.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Globus Medical is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, national origin or citizenship. We are committed to a diverse workforce. We value all employees’ talents and support an environment that is inclusive and respectful.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.