Senior Cost Accountant
At Globus Medical, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients with musculoskeletal disorders. Our team is inspired by the needs of these patients, and the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them. We embrace a culture of exceptional response by partnering with researchers and educators to transform clinical insights into tangible solutions. Our solutions improve the techniques and outcomes of surgery so patients can resume their lives as quickly as possible.
The Senior Cost Accountant will work closely with the manufacturing facilities to provide meaningful financial data to run the business. The essential functions of this role include the ability to work with the Finance Team as well the manufacturing facilities to determine efficiencies and perform root cause analysis related to production activities. This role will be a key contributor to the month-end close process as well as be responsible for regulating and authenticating financial transactions related to inventory, plant spend and fixed assets.
- Participates in month-end close activities: creates journal entries, prepares standard financial and operational reports, explains operational activities/related variances, reports monthly plant performance, inventory reconciliations, and excess/obsolete inventory analysis
- Performs work order review/analysis, assessing accuracy and completeness.
- Prepares financial analysis to monitor spend in key areas (scrap, spending, inventory, etc.)
- Maintains active participation in plant operations
- Reviews and reports on inventory transaction activities
- Calculates standard cost for new products and process improvement changes to products
- Ensures validity and accuracy of ERP through analysis and coordination with materials, production and work order processing
- Assists in the development of annual plant budget and standard cost calculations
- Executes annual physical inventory activities and monthly cycle count analysis
- Monitors and reviews asset additions, transfers and disposals, ensuring complete and accurate supporting documentation
- Maintains and improves process documentation and controls associated with manufacturing costs and inventory valuation
- Represents Accounting/Finance on teams designed to improve operations, reduce costs, etc.
- Adheres to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensures Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Represents the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties
- Effectively communicate, collaborate and research topics accordingly to help drive the business forward.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 4+ years of Cost Accounting experience with a manufacturing company
- Extensive experience with Excel commands and functions: PIVOTS, LOOKUPS, IF STATEMENTS, CHARTS, INDEX, MATCH, CONDITIONAL FORMATTING. Must pass an excel test
- Knowledge of ERP Systems, preferably Microsoft D365
- Self-Starter with the ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Detail-orientated, organized and deadline driven with proven ability to multitask effectively while adapting to changing priorities
- Derive energy from facing challenges and provide actionable solutions
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Requires a demonstrated ability to be objective and use good judgment
- Troubleshoot critical issues in a timely fashion
- Good social acumen
- Strong conceptual and analytical thinking
- Ability to analyze data and provide evidence-based recommendations
Our Life Moves Us philosophy is built on four values: Passionate About Innovation, Customer Focused, Teamwork, and Driven.
- Passionate about Innovation: Improving patient care by delivering advanced technology to our customers is at the core of what we do. We are passionate in our role in improving the lives of patients by continuously developing better solutions
- Customer Focused: We listen to our customers’ needs and respond with a sense of urgency
- Teamwork: Working together, anything is possible. We value every person on our team and treat each other with respect. We are accountable to one another and support each other. Together, we make each other stronger
- Driven: We pursue our mission with energy and passion. We are nimble, results-oriented and decisive. We overcome obstacles that arise in our quest to deliver solutions that will improve the lives of our customers and patients.
The physical demands listed here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Required to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Required to possess specific visons abilities, including: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and capacity to adjust focus.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Globus Medical is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, national origin or citizenship. We are committed to a diverse workforce. We value all employees’ talents and support an environment that is inclusive and respectful.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.