Manufacturing Technician - 2nd Shift
Bone Bank Allografts (BBA), part of Globus Medical Inc., a leading musculoskeletal solutions company, was founded in response to a growing need for allograft tissue that has led to more than 1,000,000 successful transplantations around the world.
Providing a wide range of surgical allograft options from traditional bone and soft tissues to specialty custom products for transplant – we aim to serve the medical community through continual excellence and innovation in tissue processing and distribution. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care and understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Manufacturing Technician is responsible for performing human tissue processing activities in accordance with FDA regulations, AATB Standards and SOPs.
Hours: 3:00 pm to 11:30 pm
- Prepares sections of human tissue for surgical implantation
- Utilizes special techniques, instrumentation, and equipment to evaluate, cut, shape, grind and package tissue to exacting specifications and protocols
- Accurately completes paperwork and perform data entry when applicable
- Performs Lab Support functions of the set-up and breakdown of rooms and handling of donor tissue (passing in) using aseptic technique and maintaining sterile fields
- Maintains supplies and equipment on a daily basis
- Understands and properly handling the disposal of Biohazardous and Non-Biohazardous waste
- Adheres to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensures Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Represents the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties
- Advanced critical thinking and problems-solving skills
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- High school diploma/GED preferred or at least one year of related experience
- 1 year of manufacturing experience; preferably working in an aseptic/sterile environment and/or Tissue Processing or operating room
- Experience with the use of precision measuring equipment such as calipers and micrometers
- Experience operating electrical and pneumatic cutting, drilling, and routing equipment
- Excellent organizational and verbal/written communication skills with the ability to understand and communicate (speak, read & write) in English
- Must have basic computer knowledge skills
- Demonstrated organization skills and attention to detail
- Flexible in working hours
Our Life Moves Us philosophy is built on four values: Passionate About Innovation, Customer Focused, Teamwork, and Driven.
- Passionate about Innovation: Improving patient care by delivering advanced technology to our customers is at the core of what we do. We are passionate in our role in improving the lives of patients by continuously developing better solutions
- Customer Focused: We listen to our customers’ needs and respond with a sense of urgency
- Teamwork: Working together, anything is possible. We value every person on our team and treat each other with respect. We are accountable to one another and support each other. Together, we make each other stronger
- Driven: We pursue our mission with energy and passion. We are nimble, results-oriented and decisive. We overcome obstacles that arise in our quest to deliver solutions that will improve the lives of our customers and patients.
The physical demands listed here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Required to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 65 pounds
Required to possess specific visons abilities, including: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and capacity to adjust focus.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Globus Medical is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, national origin or citizenship. We are committed to a diverse workforce. We value all employees’ talents and support an environment that is inclusive and respectful.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.