HR Business Partner
At Globus Medical, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients with musculoskeletal disorders. Our team is inspired by the needs of these patients, and the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them. We embrace a culture of exceptional response by partnering with researchers and educators to transform clinical insights into tangible solutions. Our solutions improve the techniques and outcomes of surgery so patients can resume their lives as quickly as possible.
We are recruiting a Human Resources Business Partner with a passion for contributing to and operationalizing our people strategy for our Robotics businesses. Working in alignment with the Manager of Human Resources and in collaboration with the Talent Acquisition team, the team member will be accountable for the full employee life cycle of Human Resources.
This is an ideal position for a professional with at least 5 years of HR Partnering experience, and a desire to have a well-rounded HR experience, partnering with critical business functions. In this exciting role, you will have the opportunity to successfully contribute to and be directly responsible for the day-to-day HRBP responsibilities for our Robotics businesses; including input on the talent agenda.
- Partners with employees and managers within a production environment
- Develops and drives talent outcomes and delivers people strategies in support of business objectives
- Coaches, supports, mentors and challenges managers in the application of HR policies and practices, provides advice and guidance on complex HR issues to minimize risk and financial exposure
- Leads cultural change and working principles; drives and supports the development and delivery of targeted initiatives
- Communicates with senior management to understand business requirements from a People Strategy perspective
- Understands our production principles and confidently promotes our products and processes
- Records and tracks raw data by turning it into a compelling story; collaborates with teams on projects and continuous process improvement initiatives
- Participates in setting and executing against the strategic direction of the business area
- Adheres to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies.
- Ensures Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Represents the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- 5+ years’ previous experience in Human Resources; Bachelor's degree in HR or related field (Master’s Degree preferred)
- Experience in a production setting, preferably medical device
- Proven coaching ability of managers and employees through various employee relations issues
- Experience working with companies that have gone through a transformation and proven to be resilient through change
- Strong, hands-on work ethic with a willingness to assume a heavy workload to meet timing and project needs; able to work independently or collaboratively
- Effective organizational skills in order to prioritize and manage multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills, including optimism, diplomacy and flexibility, and the ability to interface effectively with personnel at many different levels throughout the company and with our customers and other business partners
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; above average MS Office skills
Our Life Moves Us philosophy is built on four values: Passionate About Innovation, Customer Focused, Teamwork, and Driven.
- Passionate about Innovation: Improving patient care by delivering advanced technology to our customers is at the core of what we do. We are passionate in our role in improving the lives of patients by continuously developing better solutions
- Customer Focused: We listen to our customers’ needs and respond with a sense of urgency
- Teamwork: Working together, anything is possible. We value every person on our team and treat each other with respect. We are accountable to one another and support each other. Together, we make each other stronger
- Driven: We pursue our mission with energy and passion. We are nimble, results-oriented and decisive. We overcome obstacles that arise in our quest to deliver solutions that will improve the lives of our customers and patients.
The physical demands listed here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Required to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Required to possess specific visons abilities, including: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and capacity to adjust focus.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Globus Medical is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, national origin or citizenship. We are committed to a diverse workforce. We value all employees’ talents and support an environment that is inclusive and respectful.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.