Quality Control Inspector II
At Globus Medical, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients with musculoskeletal disorders. Our team is inspired by the needs of these patients, and the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them. We embrace a culture of exceptional response by partnering with researchers and educators to transform clinical insights into tangible solutions. Our solutions improve the techniques and outcomes of surgery so patients can resume their lives as quickly as possible.
Branch Medical Group, a subsidiary of Globus Medical Inc., manufactures a wide range of implants for spinal and orthopedic applications as well as to design the instrumentation cases that house them. Our passion, combined with Globus’ world-class engineering, transforms clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care and understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait.
The Quality Control Inspector II is responsible for performing QC inspections and package testing on in-process materials and finished products. The QC inspector ensures all policies and procedures are in compliance with applicable FDA, state, OSHA, AATB, and ISO regulations and standards.
Hours: 6:30 am to 3:00 pm
- Performs quality control inspections on manufacturing supplies, labels, in-process materials and sterile packed finished products.
- Performs peel testing of sterile product seals.
- Performs preventative maintenance on Quality equipment.
- Documents and processes returned product.
- Coordinates reworks/shelf-life extensions.
- Performs supply inspections on incoming raw material and testing supplies.
- Performs basic environmental monitoring testing in a clean area setting.
- Follows verbal and/or written instructions such as production traveler/batch record, work instruction, and process specifications at the direction of supervisor in completing a variety of inspection tasks.
- Documents non-conformances when found.
- Works efficiently to achieve targeted goals as set by the production schedule.
- Maintains the quality control lab and work areas in an organized manner.
- Follows all safety regulations and SOPs.
- Adheres to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensures Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Represents the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; minimum of two (2) years’ experience with quality control inspections is preferred
- Self-starter with the ability to show initiative in assignments; willingness to continually strive to increase knowledge and skills
- Must be a flexible team player capable of working in a deadline driven environment.
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and follow-up skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while multi-tasking and maintaining attention to detail
- Familiarity with GMP and SOP’s to ISO standards a plus.
- Proficient in MS Office, especially MS Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Our Life Moves Us philosophy is built on four values: Passionate About Innovation, Customer Focused, Teamwork, and Driven.
- Passionate about Innovation: Improving patient care by delivering advanced technology to our customers is at the core of what we do. We are passionate in our role in improving the lives of patients by continuously developing better solutions
- Customer Focused: We listen to our customers’ needs and respond with a sense of urgency
- Teamwork: Working together, anything is possible. We value every person on our team and treat each other with respect. We are accountable to one another and support each other. Together, we make each other stronger
- Driven: We pursue our mission with energy and passion. We are nimble, results-oriented and decisive. We overcome obstacles that arise in our quest to deliver solutions that will improve the lives of our customers and patients.
The physical demands listed here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Required to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
Required to possess specific visons abilities, including: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and capacity to adjust focus.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Globus Medical is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, national origin or citizenship. We are committed to a diverse workforce. We value all employees’ talents and support an environment that is inclusive and respectful.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.