At Globus Medical, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients with musculoskeletal disorders. Our team is inspired by the needs of these patients, and the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them. We embrace a culture of exceptional response by partnering with researchers and educators to transform clinical insights into tangible solutions. Our solutions improve the techniques and outcomes of surgery so patients can resume their lives as quickly as possible.
Branch Medical Group, a subsidiary of Globus Medical Inc., manufactures a wide range of implants for spinal and orthopedic applications as well as to design the instrumentation cases that house them. Our passion, combined with Globus’ world-class engineering, transforms clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care and understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait.
The Planning Associate is responsible for overall duties surrounding any number of manufacturing functions and processes necessary to drive the overall success of the organization. This effort includes, but is not limited to, facilitates the coordination of workflow across various product lines, and aiding in operational planning and prioritizations to optimize performance and minimize delays. This individual works with every department within the company to ensure timely completion of manufacturing processes.
- Assists in coordinating workflow for multiple product lines
- Helps plan and prioritize operations to ensure maximum performance and minimum delay
- Monitors manufacturing to ensure they will finish on time
- Monitors supporting and assisting in the execution of each department’s daily, weekly and monthly production targets
- Prepares and submitting status performance reports and spreadsheets
- Escalates complex issues to Manager for resolutions
- Communicates production status to Managers and attend daily production meetings
- Assists Manager with analyzing back orders, current orders, and upcoming orders
- Updates Planning reports and Average Daily Shipments on daily and weekly basis
- Drives shop performance reporting by analyzing daily reports and communicating the results of that data
- Assists in monthly assessment of on-floor priority levels and adjust as needed
- Evaluates resource allocation to bottle-neck operations and re-direct work as needed
- Adheres to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies.
- Ensures Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Represents the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Working knowledge of MS Office with strength in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A strong analytical mindset
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Reliable, self-starter with the ability to work with little or no supervision
- Strong planning skills, the ability to motivate others and resolve production issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Advanced critical thinking and problems-solving skills
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time
Our Life Moves Us philosophy is built on four values: Passionate About Innovation, Customer Focused, Teamwork, and Driven.
- Passionate about Innovation: Improving patient care by delivering advanced technology to our customers is at the core of what we do. We are passionate in our role in improving the lives of patients by continuously developing better solutions
- Customer Focused: We listen to our customers’ needs and respond with a sense of urgency
- Teamwork: Working together, anything is possible. We value every person on our team and treat each other with respect. We are accountable to one another and support each other. Together, we make each other stronger
- Driven: We pursue our mission with energy and passion. We are nimble, results-oriented and decisive. We overcome obstacles that arise in our quest to deliver solutions that will improve the lives of our customers and patients.
The physical demands listed here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Required to sit, stand, or walk as necessary
- Required to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
Required to possess specific visons abilities, including: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and capacity to adjust focus.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Globus Medical is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, national origin or citizenship. We are committed to a diverse workforce. We value all employees’ talents and support an environment that is inclusive and respectful.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.