Production Supervisor (EMA)
At Globus Medical, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients with musculoskeletal disorders. Our team is inspired by the needs of these patients, and the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them. We embrace a culture of exceptional response by partnering with researchers and educators to transform clinical insights into tangible solutions. Our solutions improve the techniques and outcomes of surgery so patients can resume their lives as quickly as possible.
Branch Medical Group, a subsidiary of Globus Medical Inc., manufactures a wide range of implants for spinal and orthopedic applications as well as to design the instrumentation cases that house them. Our passion, combined with Globus’ world-class engineering, transforms clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care and understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait.
Supervises employees who are manufacturing/installing electro-mechanical devices and related products. Plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
- Works from a production schedule to execute throughput of high-volume components and plan the use of resources
- Supervises employees that install electrical and electronic parts and hardware in housings or assemblies.
- Follows up on set up, scheduling operators, reviewing production status, and troubleshooting equipment to ensure quality and delivery
- Coordinates production between departments
- Works efficiently to achieve targeted goals as set by the production schedule
- Ability to operate the various machines while overseeing the other operators
- Ability to reduce setup time and machining through process improvements
- Assists in the organization and maintenance of the machine shop work environment
- Provides constant feedback and input into process improvement within the department
- Utilizes and abides by ISO requirements and safety procedures
- Complies with all quality policies, specifications, regulations and instructions
- Communicates thoughts and ideas, both verbally and in writing, to co-workers and management
- Attends scheduled meetings and actively participates by providing meaningful input
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies.
- Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and upholding the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Past experience training, developing, coaching, reviewing and motivating employees is preferred
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to find solutions with production bottlenecks as needed
- Communicates honestly, professionally and respectfully with others and demonstrates effective listening skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Advanced critical thinking and problems-solving skills
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office products
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
- Is flexible with time and schedule to ensure availability to customer or company as circumstances warrant
Our Life Moves Us philosophy is built on four values: Passionate About Innovation, Customer Focused, Teamwork, and Driven.
- Passionate about Innovation: Improving patient care by delivering advanced technology to our customers is at the core of what we do. We are passionate in our role in improving the lives of patients by continuously developing better solutions
- Customer Focused: We listen to our customers’ needs and respond with a sense of urgency
- Teamwork: Working together, anything is possible. We value every person on our team and treat each other with respect. We are accountable to one another and support each other. Together, we make each other stronger
- Driven: We pursue our mission with energy and passion. We are nimble, results-oriented and decisive. We overcome obstacles that arise in our quest to deliver solutions that will improve the lives of our customers and patients
The physical demands listed here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Required to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch as necessary
- Required to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Required to possess specific visons abilities, including: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and capacity to adjust focus.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Globus Medical is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, national origin or citizenship. We are committed to a diverse workforce. We value all employees’ talents and support an environment that is inclusive and respectful.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.