Senior Manufacturing Engineer
At Globus Medical, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients with musculoskeletal disorders. Our team is inspired by the needs of these patients, and the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them. We embrace a culture of exceptional response by partnering with researchers and educators to transform clinical insights into tangible solutions. Our solutions improve the techniques and outcomes of surgery so patients can resume their lives as quickly as possible.
Branch Medical Group, a subsidiary of Globus Medical Inc., manufactures a wide range of implants for spinal and orthopedic applications as well as to design the instrumentation cases that house them. Our passion, combined with Globus’ world-class engineering, transforms clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care and understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait.
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for engineering related tasks. Acts as a subject matter expert for manufacturing production. This effort includes, but is not limited to, utilizes existing knowledge to assist the production department to become more efficient. This individual works with managers, supervisors, and operators within the department to ensure programs and product run smoothly.
Develops, implements and maintains methods, operations sequence and processes in the manufacture or fabrication of parts, components, sub-assemblies and final assemblies. Participates in design reviews, design transfer to production as it relates to development of manufacturing processes, post processing development, equipment and process validations, process definition for machine operation and maintenance requirements, test/inspection methods, fixturing, gauging and applying inspection and process control techniques. Estimates manufacturing cost, determines time standards and makes recommendations for tooling and process requirements of new or existing product lines. Maintains records and reporting systems for coordination of manufacturing operations.
- Applies advanced machine programming techniques (as applicable within the discipline of the hiring department).
- Conducts process development activities, including creation of Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs), for machine and/or equipment operation
- Performs design reviews that incorporate a detail oriented perspective on the impact of specific, dimensional accuracy and overall integrity of produced parts
- Supports implementation of manufacturing processes that require qualification and/or validation of new equipment or processes
- Interfaces with suppliers on technical issues and new product introductions
- Reviews designs/prints in both the development and production phases to assure effective use of DFM/DFA/DFI, and collaborate with Development/Design Engineering, Quality Engineering, QC/metrology, Programmers and machinists to create designs and drawings
- Develops business processes and metrics and tracking tools for deliverables the department is responsible for completing
- Executes Engineering Change Process and implements process updates and improvement efforts
- Sets up and operates production equipment as needed to either troubleshoot programs, prove out processes or perform Operation Qualification studies.
- Writes IQ, OQ & PQ protocols compliant with existing SOP’s.
- Provides suggestions on how to improve product quality and throughput.
- Performs all work in accordance with oral instructions in conformance with company standards including, safety, workmanship, and good housekeeping practices
- Adheres to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies.
- Ensures Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Represents the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- A machining technology degree or a mechanical engineering degree and a minimum of five years of hands-on experience as a Manufacturing Engineer within the discipline of the hiring department.
- Demonstrated expertise in production processing.
- An expert in utilizing CAM software and tooling knowledge to create CNC programs (as applicable) and advanced application
- Demonstrated ability to implement, maintain, analyze and react to various production performance metrics and KPIs
- Demonstrated ability and fluency in Print Reading and GD&T, Statistical Process Control, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, and Gage/fixture design
- Capable of utilizing inspection equipment to verify products.
- Execute project functions independently.
- Be well organized and possesses the ability to multi-task as required
- Team player, open to new ideas and teamwork, self-motivated individual, willingness to increase personal knowledge and value.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Advanced critical thinking and problems-solving skills
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
Our Life Moves Us philosophy is built on four values: Passionate About Innovation, Customer Focused, Teamwork, and Driven.
- Passionate about Innovation: Improving patient care by delivering advanced technology to our customers is at the core of what we do. We are passionate in our role in improving the lives of patients by continuously developing better solutions
- Customer Focused: We listen to our customers’ needs and respond with a sense of urgency
- Teamwork: Working together, anything is possible. We value every person on our team and treat each other with respect. We are accountable to one another and support each other. Together, we make each other stronger
- Driven: We pursue our mission with energy and passion. We are nimble, results-oriented and decisive. We overcome obstacles that arise in our quest to deliver solutions that will improve the lives of our customers and patients.
The physical demands listed here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch
- Required to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Required to possess specific visons abilities, including: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and capacity to adjust focus.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Globus Medical is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, national origin or citizenship. We are committed to a diverse workforce. We value all employees’ talents and support an environment that is inclusive and respectful.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.