Associate Program Manager
At Globus Medical, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients with musculoskeletal disorders. Our team is inspired by the needs of these patients, and the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them. We embrace a culture of exceptional response by partnering with researchers and educators to transform clinical insights into tangible solutions. Our solutions improve the techniques and outcomes of surgery so patients can resume their lives as quickly as possible.
The Associate Program Manager is an ideal position for someone who thrives in a highly matrixed, fast paced organization. The Associate Program Manager is responsible for the strategic planning, development and execution of medical education programs including, developing program materials, with both internal personnel and key opinion leaders (KOL) , interacting with accounting, medical affairs, logistics and other internal departments.
- Leads, manages and supports the design and development of all medical education programs across different divisions. (Spine, Orthopadeic, Trauma, Imaging and navigation, robotics)
- Helps to develop tools and resources needed to implement best practices for medical education programs
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOL)
- Oversees the execution and success of assigned medical education activates and programs; Collaborates with varied team members and departments
- Measures the program and event effectiveness as well as overall quality, including survey reports, the development for improvement, program innovation and competitive analysis and comparison
- Acts as a primary point of contact for KOL program faculty members; is available to meet consultant scheduling needs
- Collaborates with Regulatory Affairs and Compliance; Reviews and approves all promotional and presentation materials prior to use/distribution
- Budgets projection/cost control knowledge, management and reconciliation of program budgets
- Partners with Professional Affairs to ensure that all appropriate consultant documentation is completed prior to execution of all medical educational programs
- Adheres to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies.
- Ensures Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Represents the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 1-3 years’ experience working directly with medical professionals in marketing, program/event management or corporate development roles; experience in implantable medical device and or a capital equipment field is a plus
- Strong interpersonal relationship development skills; Ability to develop trusting relationships with internal and external customers
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strategic thinker with the ability to coordinate diverse ideas and to formulate strategic plans
- Extremely high attention to detail
- Innovative; ability to recommend and implement new concepts and ideas
- Proactive problem-solver, capable of critical situation analysis
- Professional presence with excellent presentation skills
- Working knowledge of the healthcare environment and experience working with healthcare professionals, preferably physicians
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite with ability to learn new systems
- Must be comfortable, and is required to participate in clinical /surgical settings, including cadaveric training labs
- Frequent travel, up to 30% including Friday & Saturday programs (approximately 15 -17 programs per year)
- Travel to various locations both domestic and international
- Valid Passport
Our Life Moves Us philosophy is built on four values: Passionate About Innovation, Customer Focused, Teamwork, and Driven.
- Passionate about Innovation: Improving patient care by delivering advanced technology to our customers is at the core of what we do. We are passionate in our role in improving the lives of patients by continuously developing better solutions
- Customer Focused: We listen to our customers’ needs and respond with a sense of urgency
- Teamwork: Working together, anything is possible. We value every person on our team and treat each other with respect. We are accountable to one another and support each other. Together, we make each other stronger
- Driven: We pursue our mission with energy and passion. We are nimble, results-oriented and decisive. We overcome obstacles that arise in our quest to deliver solutions that will improve the lives of our customers and patients.
The physical demands listed here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Required to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Required to possess specific visons abilities, including: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and capacity to adjust focus.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Globus Medical is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, national origin or citizenship. We are committed to a diverse workforce. We value all employees’ talents and support an environment that is inclusive and respectful.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.