Senior Software Engineer
At Globus Medical, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients with musculoskeletal disorders. Our team is inspired by the needs of these patients, and the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them. We embrace a culture of exceptional response by partnering with researchers and educators to transform clinical insights into tangible solutions. Our solutions improve the techniques and outcomes of surgery so patients can resume their lives as quickly as possible.
Join our dynamic, globally diverse development team, dedicated to creating a comprehensive solution for surgical robotic procedures. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will embody a self-motivated, detail-focused, and deadline-oriented approach. Effective communication, a proactive attitude, and adaptability within a dynamic framework are vital for your success. Your role encompasses software development for surgical navigation products as well as vital user interface support for procedural solutions used across a wide variety of clinical procedures in the operating room. The position will be a hands-on one with the individual capable of creative and systematic product development with minimum supervision.
- Develops prototypes, proofs of concept in addition to production-quality solutions
- Ensures efficient performance and scalability of solutions
- Demonstrates a passion for software development, software craftsmanship, and test-driven development
- Contributes to design, testing and documentation
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies
- Is able to work on sizeable individual efforts as well as on teams using agile methodologies
- Adheres to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies.
- Ensures Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role.
- Represents the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5+ years of professional programming experience required OR a Master’s degree with 3-5 years of experience
- Demonstrated experience in automation software development, preferably for tasks involving robotics integration and motion control systems
- Fluent in object-oriented C++ (version 17+) with Qt/QML skills
- Experience developing software tools, utilities, and libraries/components
- Familiarity with medical devices and electrical engineering concepts is a plus
- Experience in digital signal processing or image processing is a plus
- Ability to work independently and as a key contributor in small teams
- Excellent oral, written, and graphical communication skills
- Working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Office, and E-mail
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
Our Life Moves Us philosophy is built on four values: Passionate About Innovation, Customer Focused, Teamwork, and Driven.
- Passionate about Innovation: Improving patient care by delivering advanced technology to our customers is at the core of what we do. We are passionate in our role in improving the lives of patients by continuously developing better solutions
- Customer Focused: We listen to our customers’ needs and respond with a sense of urgency
- Teamwork: Working together, anything is possible. We value every person on our team and treat each other with respect. We are accountable to one another and support each other. Together, we make each other stronger
- Driven: We pursue our mission with energy and passion. We are nimble, results-oriented and decisive. We overcome obstacles that arise in our quest to deliver solutions that will improve the lives of our customers and patients.
The physical demands listed here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Required to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Required to possess specific visons abilities, including: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and capacity to adjust focus.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Globus Medical is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, national origin or citizenship. We are committed to a diverse workforce. We value all employees’ talents and support an environment that is inclusive and respectful.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.