Associate Project Engineer
At Globus Medical, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients with musculoskeletal disorders. Our team is inspired by the needs of these patients, and the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them. We embrace a culture of exceptional response by partnering with researchers and educators to transform clinical insights into tangible solutions. Our solutions improve the techniques and outcomes of surgery so patients can resume their lives as quickly as possible.
The Associate Project Engineer will be responsible for all engineering functions of their product lines. This includes bringing a product from idea/concept through design, prototyping, development testing, design verification and validation, manufacturing, FDA approvals, product introduction and post introduction monitoring. This individual will work with spine surgeons and all other functions of the company to ensure high quality and on-time product introductions.
- Designs and develops instruments and implants using Pro/E software
- Works with in-house prototype shop and outside vendors for rapid prototyping and evaluation
- Performs design verification and validation activities to ensure designs meet specifications
- Obtains market feedback from spine surgeons and other customers to determine functional and designing specifications for new product development
- Creates and maintains project plans and Design history Files (DHF) for each project
- Manages of all aspects of project to ensure timely completion of tasks while remaining in full compliance with Globus quality system and other applicable regulatory bodies
- Partners with marketing and product managers to develop forecasts and market plans
- Works with the operations department to setup manufacturing and/or purchasing as appropriate for each project
- Assists with product introductions through sales training, customer calls/visits, etc.
- Maintains diligent post introduction monitoring to address and customer requests for changes
- Researches market and competition on an ongoing basis to ensure that Globus has cutting edge technology in all markets entered
- Adheres to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensures Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Represents the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- 1-3 years of mechanical design engineering experience preferably in the medical device field
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field; 4 years of additional design experience may suffice in lieu of a degree
- Proficiency in Pro/E software for design and drafting
- Demonstrated self-starting skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and effectively within a fast-paced environment
- Well organized, detail oriented and team player capable of meeting deadlines
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office specifically with Microsoft Project
- Ability to travel 10-15%
- Will be required to attend surgeries and/or labs
Our Life Moves Us philosophy is built on four values: Passionate About Innovation, Customer Focused, Teamwork, and Driven.
- Passionate about Innovation: Improving patient care by delivering advanced technology to our customers is at the core of what we do. We are passionate in our role in improving the lives of patients by continuously developing better solutions
- Customer Focused: We listen to our customers’ needs and respond with a sense of urgency
- Teamwork: Working together, anything is possible. We value every person on our team and treat each other with respect. We are accountable to one another and support each other. Together, we make each other stronger
- Driven: We pursue our mission with energy and passion. We are nimble, results-oriented and decisive. We overcome obstacles that arise in our quest to deliver solutions that will improve the lives of our customers and patients.
The physical demands listed here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Required to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Required to possess specific visons abilities, including: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and capacity to adjust focus.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Globus Medical is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, national origin or citizenship. We are committed to a diverse workforce. We value all employees’ talents and support an environment that is inclusive and respectful.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.