At Globus Medical, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients with musculoskeletal disorders. Our team is inspired by the needs of these patients, and the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them. We embrace a culture of exceptional response by partnering with researchers and educators to transform clinical insights into tangible solutions. Our solutions improve the techniques and outcomes of surgery so patients can resume their lives as quickly as possible.
The Travel Coordinator is responsible for the planning, development and execution of travel inquiries and logistics arrangements such as arranging flights, train travel, ground transportation, and accommodations for local, domestic, and international travel for our MERC programs and for other company programs. The Travel and Onsite Coordinator will provide onsite support including set up, break down, registration and onsite travel changes.
The Travel Coordinator will provide superior customer service and support to a wide range of internal and external customers including consultants and surgeon clients. The job requires the individual to be an extremely organized team player with the ability to function well in a challenging and fast paced environment.
This individual will work closely with MERC Team members in the execution of MERC programs to ensure a superior customer or learner experience delivered with operational excellence and efficiency.
- Arranges and approves travel reservations (air, hotel, and ground transportation) for customers, consultants, executives and employees (both domestically and internationally)
- Ensures compliance with company policies in all aspects of travel processes
- Proactively manages communications of travel arrangements and/or options with all related parties
- Routinely conducts travel data and travel audit reports
- Communicates with vendors regularly to ensure business needs are being met
- Books travel for MERC programs and other travel-related projects as needed
- Provides onsite travel support for all participants
- Adheres to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies.
- Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Represents the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Frequent travel, up to 30% including Friday & Saturday programs (approximately 15 -17 programs per year).
- Travel to various locations both domestic and international
- Valid passport needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience working directly with medical professionals
- Experience booking travel as a Travel Agent or in a Corporate Travel role is preferred
- Experience arranging travel using a web-based booking engine, knowledge of travel industry technology and international travel regulations is preferred
- 2-3 years full time work experience is preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (with an emphasis in Excel), Outlook, and Windows
- Strong interpersonal skills; Able to work in a team environment and able to perform at a high level working independently
- Excellent oral and written professional communication skills
- Well organized, detail-oriented team player with proven ability to multitask effectively while adapting to changing priorities
- General working knowledge of U.S. and world geography
- Ability to learn and maintain knowledge of procedures, products and activities of assigned area.
- Must be comfortable, and is required to participate in clinical /surgical settings, including cadaveric training labs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Advanced critical thinking and problems-solving skills
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
Our Life Moves Us philosophy is built on four values: Passionate About Innovation, Customer Focused, Teamwork, and Driven.
- Passionate about Innovation: Improving patient care by delivering advanced technology to our customers is at the core of what we do. We are passionate in our role in improving the lives of patients by continuously developing better solutions
- Customer Focused: We listen to our customers’ needs and respond with a sense of urgency
- Teamwork: Working together, anything is possible. We value every person on our team and treat each other with respect. We are accountable to one another and support each other. Together, we make each other stronger
- Driven: We pursue our mission with energy and passion. We are nimble, results-oriented and decisive. We overcome obstacles that arise in our quest to deliver solutions that will improve the lives of our customers and patients.
The physical demands listed here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Required to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Required to possess specific visons abilities, including: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and capacity to adjust focus.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Globus Medical is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, national origin or citizenship. We are committed to a diverse workforce. We value all employees’ talents and support an environment that is inclusive and respectful.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Salary: $55,000 - $65,000