Buyer / Planner
At Globus Medical, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients with musculoskeletal disorders. Our team is inspired by the needs of these patients, and the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them. We embrace a culture of exceptional response by partnering with researchers and educators to transform clinical insights into tangible solutions. Our solutions improve the techniques and outcomes of surgery so patients can resume their lives as quickly as possible.
The Buyer/Planner is responsible for supporting Supply Chain activities in the Methuen facility. The job requires the individual to be a team player with the ability to function well in a challenging and fast paced environment.
- Evaluates bid responses, performs cost/price analysis, negotiates price, delivery schedules, and places PO's in accordance with SOP's
- Initiates and follows through on any supplier changes (DCO's), etc.
- Interfaces directly with staff and suppliers to resolve order status, discrepancies, past due items and schedule/date changes
- Resolves invoice discrepancies with suppliers and Accounts Payable
- Initiates NDA's with Legal and Supplier Approval documents with Quality Assurance
- Works closely with Product Development, Operations, Accounting, Receiving, Inspection, Logistics and Customer service personnel
- Works closely with Quality to evaluate supplier capabilities and reliability and perform on-site suppliers audits as needed
- Demonstrates organizational skills and ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Adheres to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies.
- Ensures Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Represents the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Working knowledge of MRP and ERP principles and materials management
- Associates degree or equivalent experience as a Buyer/Planner
- Working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office suite
- Familiarity with ERP/MRP planning systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel as needed, less than 10%
Our Life Moves Us philosophy is built on four values: Passionate About Innovation, Customer Focused, Teamwork, and Driven.
- Passionate about Innovation: Improving patient care by delivering advanced technology to our customers is at the core of what we do. We are passionate in our role in improving the lives of patients by continuously developing better solutions
- Customer Focused: We listen to our customers’ needs and respond with a sense of urgency
- Teamwork: Working together, anything is possible. We value every person on our team and treat each other with respect. We are accountable to one another and support each other. Together, we make each other stronger
- Driven: We pursue our mission with energy and passion. We are nimble, results-oriented and decisive. We overcome obstacles that arise in our quest to deliver solutions that will improve the lives of our customers and patients.
The physical demands listed here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Required to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Required to possess specific visons abilities, including: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and capacity to adjust focus.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Globus Medical is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, national origin or citizenship. We are committed to a diverse workforce. We value all employees’ talents and support an environment that is inclusive and respectful.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.