Production Technician - 2nd Shift
At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Production Technician is responsible for assembling electro-mechanical medical devices that comply with applicable FDA, state, OSHA, and ISO regulations and standards.
Hours: 2:30 PM - 11:00 PM, Monday through Friday
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Processing product lots in accordance with the batch record requirement in a Cleanroom environment
- Processing parts in a vapor degreaser for cleaning
- Assembling parts as needed; parts will either be placed in Pouches or Trays, sealed with a label applied
- Participating in cross training programs for various products in production
- Maintaining a neat and organized work area (5S methodology)
- Setting up and operating production equipment in accordance with current good manufacturing practices and standard operating procedures
- Assisting in material cycle counting activities as needed and participate in the annual Open Work Order verification audit
- Supporting Product Development activities for new products
- Working with a Process Engineer for cycle time improvements
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following
- High School Diploma or equivalent with at least 3+ years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Experience working for a medical device manufacturer a plus
- Skilled at using a variety of equipment (Vapor Degreasers, Tray sealers, Heat sealers), is preferred
- Familiarity with GMP environment; reading & checking bills of materials, schematics, and machine/assembly drawings
- Ability to work under minimum supervision with a high degree of organizational and technical competence
- Ability to function well under pressure and expend effort to meet schedules and deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.